Chapter 5 ~ Goodbye Granny

You all voted for a really long chapter, so here it is.

Fair warning there are parts of this that are really sad and that you will need tissues for, as well as a few scenes where you might want to jump through their screen to fight a certain character.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~
September 10, 2022
Windsor Castle

A few days had passed since the Queen's death and a lot had happened.

First they had traveled from Scotland to London in order to begin preparations for the funeral, Charles had been declared King, making William and Kate the new Prince and Princess of Wales, and shockingly Meghan had shown up.

~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback
September 9, 2022
Buckingham Palace

Everyone had been staying at Buckingham Palace in order to be together while grieving and to help out with the planning of the funeral.

The Queen's four children, who were overseeing most of the funeral planning, were going through notes that Elizabeth had left in regards to her own funeral and they had requested to meet with Addy.

Addy and Skylar were now making their way through the long hallways of the palace to where she would meet with the children of the late monarch. William was meeting them there, he would then take Skylar to meet with Kate and their children for lunch.

Addy looked down at her daughter and began speaking, "Okay, my little princess, when we get there Uncle Will is going to take you to lunch with Aunt Katie and your cousi..." because she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking she bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was walking." Addy froze when she looked up and saw who was standing in front of her. "Meghan, what are you doing here?" She asked as she moved Skylar to stand behind her.

"Harry's grandmother died, and in case you've forgotten, I'm the one that is actually married to him. The better question is what are you doing here?" Meghan replied with a smug voice.

"I'm here on request of the late Queen. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm late for a meeting with the King." Addy attempted to walk around Meghan only for the dark haired woman to block her.

Addy sighed and glanced behind her at her daughter, "Darling, go on down to the end of the hall and take a left, you should see your uncle there, tell him I'll be there in a moment."

Skylar looked at her mother with worry before running off down the hall.

Once her daughter was out of ear shot Addy turned back to the woman in front of her, "What do you want Meghan?"

"What do you mean, you're 'here on request of the Queen?'"

"It's means that before you or even Harry decided to show up, I got a call saying that the Queen was dying and she asked to see me. So I came, because unlike you, who only decided to come when you saw it on the news and thought that you'd get attention for being here, I came because I cared about her."

"I'd watch what you say to me if I were you." Meghan crossed her arms and smirked.

"Or what? You'll run and tell all the tabloids that I attacked you again? In case you've forgotten, I outrank you. You're just a washed up actress that couldn't get famous on your own so you manipulated Harry into marrying you just so that you could get more attention. I am a Princess, Next in line to the Genovian throne, and if I wanted to, I could have arrested on multiple counts of treason for the things that you've already said about me. So if I were you, I'd stay out of my way." Addy then pushed past the duchess and made her way to where William stood holding Skylar in his arms.