🅣︎🅦︎🅔︎🅛︎🅥︎🅔︎

JENNIE

I felt disoriented and my head was pounding. I blinked my eyes open but then closed them again because of the bright sunlight.

Wait, what?

My eyes snapped open in alarm and I quickly sat up in bed. I wasn’t in my room. I looked down at the soft black comforter.

Panic filled my chest; I looked around the strange room. It was familiar to me.

Turning my head to the left, I shrieked in surprise.

Taehyung was sitting beside me, his back propped against the headboard as he mutely stared at me panicking.

I was in his room.

The last thing I remembered was falling down on my bed tiredly as sleep took over my body and mind. But after that, everything was blank.

“How did I get here?” I asked, bringing the comforter up to my shoulder.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at me in surprise.“You don’t remember?” he asked, his voice gruff from sleep.

I shook my head. He stared at me for a few seconds, the air crackling with tension between us. There was an awkward pause before he continued.

“You came to me last night,” he said.

That didn’t make any sense.
“What do you…you mean?”

He sighed in annoyance. “You had a panic attack. Came to my room, knocked at my door, and begged me to make it go away. I did, and then you fell asleep on my bed,” Taehyung explained.

When he was done, he stared at me expectantly.

Bringing my hand up to my head, I rubbed my forehead, trying to ease the horrendous headache. When I closed my eyes, sudden clipped images of last night crashed behind my close lids.

My nightmare. The hallucinations. Crying. Begging Taehyung to make it stop. I remembered him cleaning my arms, telling me there was no blood on them.

My eyes snapped open and I stared at Taehyung in shock. He raised an eyebrow in amusement and made a tsking sound. “Ah, so you remember now.”

Embarrassment and shame filled me as I tore my eyes away from Taehyung’s penetrating gaze. My throat went dry and my body grew cold.Silence filled the room. Neither of us moved.

After a few minutes filled with tension, I licked my lips nervously and started to move toward the end of the bed. When Taehyung didn’t say anything, I kept my eyes down and pushed the comforter away before getting off the bed.

Just walk away, Jennie. Walk away. Get your thoughts together. Make up an excuse.

I locked my knees together and continued toward my escape.

When I reached the door, Taehyung's voice filled the room. I tensed and my hand froze.

“Are you seriously going to leave without saying anything?” he asked, chuckling under his breath.

That was the plan. I thought he wouldn’t say anything, but clearly I was wrong. How naïve of me that I kept thinking of him as the good guy.

He is the good guy, though, I argued with myself.

“Jennie, turn around,” Taehyung ordered in a hard, cold voice.

I stiffened at his tone and swiveled around. My head stayed down, and I refused to look at his judging, questioning gaze.

The bed squeaked, and from the corner of my eyes, I saw him getting up. For the first time I noticed that he was in different attire than usual. He wore grey sweatpants and a long black shirt that was loose over his chest.