CHAPTER 8

I JUST WANT FOR HIM TO NOTICE ME

THAT I'M HERE

I EXIST.

I BREATH.

MY EYES IS SET ONLY TOWARDS HIM

EVEN THOUGH

HE DOESN'T EVEN SEE ME.

-lily

NIKI'S POV

There was something in air today, something that filled my heart with comfort. Like flowers freshly bloomed after slow long rain, the air felt fresher than ever, even the moon is shining brighter today.

After a long time, the dorm felt like home. There was comfort in every air I inhaled. It felt like heaven today.

Right after having my dinner, I was watching an episode of my favorite series. I saw him entering our room and giving a glance at my direction. I pretended to be busy but the entire time my focus was on him.

He picked a book from his nightstand and he was reading, looking so relaxed and calm. I was astonished. I thought people of his age only engage in online games and manga in their free times. But I was wrong. He is different. He is interesting.

There was a thud sound from other side and I saw his book on the floor. He was sleeping soundly with a table light on. I went to his side to pick up his book and I skim the book. It was a self- help book. A genre that seems unfit to be on the table of someone who is eighteen.

As I was keeping his book on the table, I looked at his collections of books. There was around ten books and eight of them seems like motivational or self- help kind of books. Even the title of books seems sad and kind of boring to me.

They all talk about same thing like how to overcome problems related with mental, emotional and personal. It contains instructions and advices for the readers to solve their problems. I remember reading one during my high school as an homework from a teacher. It didn't help me at all. Maybe I was too young to understand the concept or I lack the motivation or will-power to stick to a self-help plan. But I hope it was working well for him.

Than my eyes went towards the sleeping boy who seems so in peace. He sleeps like a baby. I stare at him and marvel at his curtain lashes, perfect nose, and chubby cheeks. He looks so cute and calm under moonlight.

It was 1am and I have early morning schedule but it was very difficult to look away from him. He is like a magnet. From the moment I set my eyes on him at gallery, to him appearing infront of me on stage and then now sleeping in my room feels like magic to me.

I felt a surge of curiosity to know him better. Like it's my purpose.

When I was about to switch his table lamp off, my eyes went back to his books again and it evoke a sudden pain in my chest.

I wonder what happened to him to take help from books to go through everyday life. Whatever his story is, I hope he will be able to come above all those chaos. I am sure he won't drown in a sea of grief.

''Don't hit my cell,

there's an unknown number on my phone,

I don't need your help,

Just let me lay down on the floor''

I was startled by the sound and for a minute I thought I was dreaming. Then I realized that it was his alarm ringing and I looked at his direction and he was still sleeping.