Thirteen

"Tom, just look up at me, you're alright

"Tom, just look up at me, you're alright." Matilda comforted her boyfriend as she stood behind his chair and tilted his head back to look at her.

"Just get it over and fucking done with." He gritted out, one hand squeezing Arthur's and the other Matilda's arm.

After a few seconds of Jeramiah digging in Tommy's side, he managed to pull out the bullet, dropping it into a whisky glass. "Still got it!" He nodded to himself in approval.

"Well done." Tilda nodded down, wiping the sweaty hairs off of Tommys forehead and placing a gentle kiss on it.

"Here brother, have a swig of this." Arthur handed a bottle of spirit to Tommy before taking it back and splashing it on his wound making Tommy yell in pain. "There ya go! Tilly, you gonna stitch him up?"

Matilda nodded, taking the first aid box off of John, shooing everyone away while she helped her boyfriend.

After a couple minutes of silence, she was done with her bandage and stood back up, but Tommy stayed sat.

"What the fuck were you thinking?" He questioned, his voice stern.

"I know it was stupid okay, but you know what Ada's like when she has some idea and I wasn't just gonna let her go by herself, so I did it too. We're fine tho, aye? No need to worry." Matilda smiled, placing her hands on either side of Tommy's face.

"Not the point, you all could of gotten extremely hurt." Tommy grumbled.

Matilda simply rolled her eyes and leant down, pressing a kiss to his lips. Tommy instantly kissed back, gripping her waist.

"Come on, let's go out."

••••••

Everyone was surrounded the table that had Danny's body laying on it. He had taken Kimbers bullet, and it had spared him his life. Even though people thought he was already dead.

"To Danny Whizzbang!" Arthur raised his glass, everyone else following suit. "May we all die twice." Tommy added.

••••••

Polly and Matilda smiled together as they watched Ada mad Freddie from across the room. It was refreshing to see Ada genuinely smiling, the poor girl had been through so much.

"Give me a second." Matilda smiled at Pol before standing up and walking towards the couple. "Sorry to interrupt lovebirds, just wanted to ask you if you want Tommy and I to watch Karl tonight, thought you'd appreciate a night together?"

"You're a bloody angel, Tilly, yes please." Ada nodded, standing to hug her bestfriend.

"Don't need to thank me, babe, I know you need this, I've never seen someone so sexually frustrated in my life." Matilda cackled, taking Karl from Ada's arms and his bag, walking back over to Polly who was now in conversation with Tommy.

"What was that about?" Polly questioned, smiling at the sleeping baby in Matilda's arms.

"We've got a sleepover buddy tonight, Tom."

Tommy rolled his eyes with a smile. "We do, do we?" He questioned, pulling Matilda into the side of his body gently and pressing a kiss to her head.

••••••

"Was hoping I'd get you all to myself tonight." Tommy sighed, hugging Matilda from behind as she soothed Karl to sleep. "Don't be jealous, Tom, it's only one night." Matilda smirked, looking down at the baby in her arms.

Silence fell over the room as the couple enjoyed eachothers company. "How're you so good with him, aye?" Tommy chuckled quietly as he watched Matilda care for the child and soothe him, as if she was a mother herself. "Instinct, I suppose." She whispered, walking towards her bed and climbing in.

Tommy got into bed next to her, Karl sleeping peacefully between them. "How'd you feel after today?" Matilda asked softly, running her fingers through Tommy's hair. "Alright," Tommy shrugged. "I killed a man, but it was Billy Kimber and I've been wanting him dead since the day he touched you."

Matilda's stomach sunk slightly at the memory, her mind placing herself in a trance as she thought back to that day, and no matter how hard she'll try to forget, she'll always be able to feel his hands on her body.

"Tilly." Tommy flicked the side of Matilda's cheek taking her out of her trance, a smile on his lips. "You never have to worry about a man hurting you again, my darling. I promise."