Ten

The next morning the now official couple woke up next to eachothers naked bodies

The next morning the now official couple woke up next to eachothers naked bodies. Tommy opened his eyes and rolled over to face Matilda, smiling at her peaceful face.

The sun made her skin glow a light orange colour, her bare chest was painted in goosebumps and her dark hair covered the white pillow her head was layed on.

Matilda rolled her body over towards Tommy and placed her arm over his bare stomach.

"You're so warm." She whispered making Tommy let out a quiet laugh.

"I'm warm because I was under the blanket, I'll be cold now since you've just stole it all from me." Tommy grabbed Matilda and pulled her ontop of him.

She lay on his stomach and kissed his neck a couple times, tracing his tattoos with her fingertips. "I don't think I'll ever get bored of you, you know."

"Really?" Tommy responded, one hand in his woman's hair and the other behind his head as he looked up at the ceiling.

Matilda nodded silently, her hand sliding down Tommy's stomach, "Don't think you could ever get bored of me either." She smirked, leaning up to kiss him.

Just as they began to start their morning off right, banging began on the front door.

"For fucks sake." Tommy sighed, kissing his girlfriend once more before pulling on some underwear, and grabbing his white shirt, leaving the room as he pulled it over his head.

As he opened the door his eyes met with Polly and Ada's. "Yes?"

"How could you!" Ada shouted walking in and pushing Tommy's chest. "How fucking could you!"

"What?" Matilda heard the shouting and immediately got up, putting on her silk robe and rushing down the stairs.

"You know, I thought it was too oddly nice for you to let him here to meet his son, I don't know why I thought you'd let it last!" Polly shook her head, a look of disgust in her eyes.

"What is going on!?" Matilda interrupted, looking from the two women back to Tommy who looked equally as confused as her.

"He sent him back, Til! He fucking sent him back." Ada shook her head as tears streamed down her cheeks. "I had my son not even a day ago, and you've already sent his father away again! How could you do that to me and your nephew!?"

"Ada, listen, I know you're upset, but I don't know what you're fucking talking about." Tommy grabbed his sisters arms gently but Ada moved away, heading for the door.

"I don't want to speak to you, Tommy. Don't expect to see me any time soon." And with that, she was out the door.

"Sort this out Tommy." As Polly slammed the door behind her the pair looked at eachother, puzzled.

"Freddie's back in prison?" Matilda raised her eyebrows at her boyfriend making him groan.

"I don't know, I guess? I have nothing to do with it." Tommy shook his head walking into the kitchen, his back to Matilda. "Tommy." She said, walking in front of him.

"I swear to you. I have nothing to do with it." Matilda sighed when she saw the honesty in his eyes. She'd always been able to see when he was lying, and right now, it looked like he was telling the truth.

"Okay." She nodded, placing her hand on the side of his face and pulling it down to reach hers, kissing him softly. "I'm gonna get ready then I'll go over and talk to them, see what happened."

"I need to go anyway, there's business that needs sorting." Tommy followed Matilda up the stairs to her bedroom.

Once Tommy was dressed he walked over to Matilda. "I'll see you later." He mumbled, kissing her before leaving the room.

"Be safe!" She shouted after him.

••••••

"He's so beautiful, Ada." Matilda smiled down at the new baby in her arms. "He's the spit of Freddie." Matilda mentally slapped herself as Freddie's name slipped out her mouth. "Shit, sorry."

"It's fine." Ada sighed.

"What actually happened?"

"We were both fine, just sitting together with the baby and then he told me he was going to go to the Garrison and thank Tommy, but he never came back home." Ada shook her head. "Pol got told this morning he was seen getting arrested, and it's clear Tommy's to blame for it. He's always to blame for something."

Matilda frowned at her last sentence, but in a sad way she knew there was truth to it.

"I don't think it was him, Ada, I really don't. And you know if I thought it was him, I wouldn't speak to him either. But I really don't." Matilda looked at her bestfriend with sincere eyes. She felt so bad, she'd just given birth, been reunited with her husband and then just like that he was gone again.

"Then who else would it of been?"

"I don't know, but I know Tommy will get him out, and it'll be sorted."