Eleven

"Oh thank fuck for that

"Oh thank fuck for that." Matilda slumped back in her chair.

"So hopefully now we can have our sister back." Arthur mumbled, picking up his glass and drinking the rest of his whiskey.

"But, they took him to a prison in Scotland, so he'll be back within a couple hours." Tommy explained.

"I'll go break the news to Ada." Pol smiled. "Coming?" She turned to Matilda who nodded, grabbing her coat, kissing Tommy quickly on the way out.

"Make sure you're both back in time for the family meeting." Tommy instructed, smiling at his girlfriend as she and Polly left the house.

"She's got you wrapped round her bloody finger." John smirked. Tommy said nothing, just simply smiled.

••••••

Polly and Matilda walked towards Ada's home together. It had been 2 months since Freddie was arrested, and she hasn't seen any of the family apart from Pol, Matilda and Esme.

She said she didn't want her son to grow up around a family that took his father away, so she distanced herself. After a week or so Polly too believed Tommy was telling the truth, but Ada couldn't seem to.

"Ada love, it's just me and Tilly." Polly shouted through the door. Karl's cries could be heard from inside, and the door quickly opened.

"He's been crying for ages now, I cant settle him." Ada sighed. She looked worried and tired.

Matilda took Karl from Ada, bouncing him gently in her arms, quickly soothing him to sleep.

"You are fucking magic." Ada shook her head.

"He settles better with her because he can't smell the milk." Polly explains. "Anyway, Ada, love, sit down. We need to tell you something."

Ada took a seat opposite Matilda and Polly, a worried look on her face. "What's happened, who's dead?"

"No one's dead." Matilda laughed. "It's good news."

Matilda and Polly shared a look, then looked back at Ada. "Tommy got Freddie out. He's on the boat now on his way back from Scotland, and will arrive here in a couple hours."

"Oh my god." Ada's eyes filled with tears. "Really? Are you sure he's not just saying that?"

"They want you home, Ada, both of you." Matilda glanced down to little Karl, asleep in her arms.

••••••

"Where's Tilly? We need to start this meeting." Tommy questioned, looking around the room for someone to answer his question.

"Wait a minute." Polly spoke up. "Would anyone object if I bring a newcomer to the meeting?" She gave it a few seconds before turning and opening the door.

Tommy relaxed and smiled when his eyes landed on Matilda, and he smiled more when they landed on his sister holding her son in her arms.

"We'd like to welcome the newest Shelby member." Polly's voice was confident and filled with happiness, feeling happier now that her neice was back in a room with everyone else.

"We named him Karl, after Karl Marx." Ada smiled down at his son.

"Karl bloody Marx!" Arthur chuckled. "Aye, let me get a look at him." He stood up and walked over to Ada, kissing her head before taking the baby out of her arms and putting his cap on his head. "Look, he looks just like me!"

Everyone laughed and watched the interaction

Everyone laughed and watched the interaction. It was rare to see Arthur so soft, but when he was, it was something to admire.

Matilda was now stood by Tommy's side, he had a firm arm around her waist. "We'll have our own one day." Tommy whispered, looking down at his girlfriend.

"Yeah." Matilda nodded with a smile, but felt her heart drop at the same time.

"Right, Tom, what's this meeting about?" Charlie asked, snapping Matilda back to reality.

"Today is the day we've been waiting for, for a long time. I've been telling you all for a while today was coming, I just never told you what date. But, today we will take down Billy Kimber."

Everyone cheered before silencing to allow Tommy to carry on. "Johnny Dog's and the Lee family are currently on their way to the Worcester Races. Everything is planned out, we won't let that fucker rise above us. Instead, we watch him fall."

"About fucking time!" John shouted. "The cunt has gotten away with too much for way too long."

"I know, but it won't go on for any longer, John boy." Tommy smiled. "Now, let's go drink to our successes before we leave."

Everyone cheered and made their way out. Matilda turned to Tommy giving him a kiss. "I'll meet you there."

"Okay, darling." Tommy nodded, squeezing her hip before letting her go.

"So, Ada." Tommy turned to his sister. "Am I forgiven?"

"If what Polly and Matilda say is true... then yes, you are." Ada nodded, bouncing her son in her arms slightly.

"Yes. Its true."

"Oh, thank you, Tommy." Ada hugged her brother the best she could with Karl in her arms. "I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

"It's alright. Now, let me see him." Tommy took Karl from Ada, holding him high similar to what Arthur had done. "He's a Shelby alright."

"He's a Thorne, Tommy!" Ada slapped her brothers shoulder playfully.

"Yeah, yeah." Tommy grinned. "Come on, gotta catch up with the others."