5 : Leaving Home Ain't Easy

Start from the beginning

  "Nah." EJ sighed as he held her, pushing her arm lightly. "Can't get rid of me that easy."

  "Do you ever stop joking?" He rested his head upon his chest, and sighed, hearing his heart beat steadily.

  He laughed. "Why would I do that?"

  "You're a twat." Ty responded, his tattooed arms tightening even further around his body. EJ was proud to say he had competed the majority of them himself, and they were mighty fine. "The biggest twat ever."

  "I just went skating." He shrugged. "Don't attack me, Jesus."

  "I'll let you say hi to everyone else, then." Ty reluctantly pulled himself away. "I'm sure they've got a lot to say."

  "Nah." Soren called up from the floor with a cheesy thumbs up. "We're good down here."

  "You're awful." EJ shook his head, chuckling to himself. As he walked past, he nudged the Norwegian's ribs with his foot.

  "Ah!" He groaned. "I'm hurt!"

  "Don't hurt him." Taylor pouted, taking a protective stance over the blonde as he wrapped his arms around him. "He's feeble."

  "Faen deg, din geit." Soren grumbled, taking pride in the fact that no one else properly understood what he was saying- other than the swearing.

  "The others are in the kitchen." Ty told him. "They've really missed you."

  "Thanks." EJ smiled. "Is Elliott out?"

  "Completely." He snorted. "After about half an our. Angie's gotta have dead legs by now." 

"Angie!"

     EJ bounded around the small partition in the wall, to see the boy he considered his bestest friend. They'd known each other years, and he honestly didn't know what he would do without Angel.

     "Shh." The redhead threatened, quietly. "El's had a long day."

"He's had a long day?" EJ snorted. "Christ on a penny farthing. You wanna hear about the day I've had."

     Ty followed them into the kitchen and sat on the opposite chair to Angel. He picked up the puzzle book, and groaned when he couldn't work out what the first acrostic was.

     "You're weird." He grumbled. "6-across: medical profession, or at the top of their field."

  EJ shook his head and scoffed. "Are you kidding?"

  "What?"

  "Do you not know it?" He almost laughed. "That's easy."

  "He's shit at crosswords." Angel replied, finding it hard to grab his glass as his arms were mostly immobilised. "He's shit at most things."

  "That's assault." Ty accused.

  In disbelief at his two friends, and their childishness, EJ replied. "Doctor."

  "Why're you saying that?"

  "It's your fucking answer you eejit." The Thompson boy joked, pushing himself to sit on the table. "Doctor."

"Oh." Ty took the pen, and scribbled onto the page. "Thanks, mate. Knew you'd be worth having back."

  "Is that all I'm worth to you? A bloody crossword?"

"And a cheap fag every now and again."

"Bastard." EJ mumbled under his breath, hitting Ty's head with the back of his hand on his way past.