If I thought deeply about it my chest would still ache, but I fought hard to keep those feelings locked in a vault deep inside of my head and heart.

____________________________

When I woke up in the morning, my tummy was fluttering with nerves. I couldn't sleep at all because all I could think about was whether or not Alek is going to show up tonight. There were so many resurfaced emotions I was feeling.

The thought of him not acting on his words scared me.

Terrified might be a better choice of words.

No matter how I was feeling I got out of bed and showered. I took a few extra minutes lathering my body in my yummy body wash. I've been letting my hair stay naturally curly for quite a while, but I decided to straighten it today. I always thought my hair looked really pretty when it's straight.

I put on my regular Daisy's shirt and black pants then chose a comfy brown wool cardigan to put over my shirt. I was really happy with how I looked. I don't think i'm ready to admit to myself the reason why i'm trying to look nice.

I even put on the pretty smelling skin products the lady at the makeup place recommended me. My skin did look better today then it has in months.

I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, pushed up my glasses and went to work.

It was most definitely the longest eight hours of my life. It was fairly busy for a Sunday which helped it go a little faster, but the day was dragging.

It's funny because the entire time I was working, I was wishing my shift would be over and I could see Alek, but when it actually reached eight, my heart was going so fast. I felt short of breath and it felt like little pins were poking in my fingers!

I waited until 8:05 before locking the doors to the store. The parking lot was fairly empty and there was no sign of any cars coming into the parking lot.

I decided to wait just a few more minutes so I sat my bum down on the curb in front of the store and waited.

By 8:10 there was still no sight of Alek, so I stood up, put my manga back in my bag and started walking away. I knew it was a waste of time. I shouldn't have put any effort in to look nice.

I promised myself I wouldn't cry over him again, but I couldn't help it. The tears were coming out like a freaking waterfall! I couldn't stop sniffling and the tears in my eyes were distorting my vision.

"Noah? Noah, is that you?"

I sniffled again and stopped my feet from moving. When I turned my head, I wiped the tears away and saw Alek driving up beside me with his window down in a fancy looking sportscar. It wasn't anything like the kind of car he had before.

"Oh fuck, are you crying?" He sped into a parking spot, leaving the car half sideways as he got out and ran towards me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late. I got stuck at a train and I swear I hit every single red light on the way here. Please don't be upset with me, Noah."

"W-What happened to your old car?" I asked quietly, wiping my eyes once more.

"It's kind of a long story. Are you still giving me a chance to explain?"