One Shot 5: Rememberance

Start from the beginning

Once he activated the array, I fell into a deep meditative state. All the exits of the room were sealed, and everyone will experience one-tenth of the pain that I endured. They want to know what I am and why I am like this, they will know.

***

~*Author's POV/ 3rd POV*~

There were many sect disciples and heirs all lined up in a row. Standing up front were the heirs and Wei Wuxian. It was in Qishan, the indoctrination. Wen Chao has just called out for Jin Zixuan, Lan Wangji, and Wei Wuxian to read out the Wen sect words. Wei Wuxian went first. Many within Glamour hall laughed as he mocked Wen Chao by reciting the Lan Sect principles.

Zewu Jun was standing beside his brother at the moment, still remembering every word that Wei Wuxian said. He was in love with Lan Wangji and he had failed to see that Lan Wangji loved him in return only to cock block them by getting Wangji engaged with someone else.

Zewu Jun was surprised to hear Wei Wuxian say his sect principles and not get a single one of them incorrect. Wei Wuxian actually did pay attention. Even Lan Qiren was amused. Lan Wangji was smiling at Wei Wuxian's performance. Zewu Jun had never seen his brother smile, but he smiled for Wei Wuxian.

Wei Wuxian, Lan Wangji, and Jin Zixuan were punished and had to go tend to the gardens. They all witnessed Wei Wuxian stand up to Wen Chao when he tried to mock Lan Wangji. Wei Wuxian was bound and a whip slashed across his chest. The crowd in glamour hall felt that pain but not in a way that Wei Wuxian had.

They watched as Wei Wuxian was dragged into the dungeons and placed in a cell in chains with a large Wolf. Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli felt their blood run cold as they knew how terrifying it must have been for Wei Wuxian.

A quick flash of memory for the past came of Wei Wuxian as a little boy wearing rags and running through the streets while wild hounds chased after him. He had bite marks on his arms and legs and was soon tackled by a hound. The bun that Wei Wuxian had was soon let go and the hounds took it from him. Wei Wuxian ran away while the hounds were distracted and hid in an alley.

Lan Wangji had tears in his eyes. He remembered Wei Wuxian telling him that he had lived on the streets and dealt with stray hounds. He felt the pain of the bites, it was one-tenth of the pain be he still felt it. He couldn't even fathom what the full amount of pain was like.

Zewu Jun was once again taken back by his brother's appearance. He had not seen his brother cry since the death of their mother. It was hard to believe but there Lan Wangji was now, in tears as he watched the man he loved suffer. Zewu Jun immediately realize his mistake and planned to end the engagement as soon as this array was over.

Zewu Jun knelt beside him, "Wangji?" He asked getting his attention, "you are in love with him, aren't you?"

Lan Wangji could only nod.

"When this is over, I will nullify your engagement to Jin Liang if that is what you want," he said.

Lan Wangji only replied with a nod once more before turning back to Wei Wuxian.

The scene changed to Wei Wuxian distracting Xuanwu as people were escaping the cave they were in. As he was being a distraction, Wei Wuxian felt a sharp pain in his arm. He turned and saw that a Lan Sect disciple had shot him with an arrow. Lan Wangji took the bow and threw it away.

"Insolent!" Wangji said.

Wei Wuxian broke the arrow for now until he was able to tend to it later. Lan Wangji shoved Wei Wuxian aside as Xuanwu lunged for an attack. His broken leg was caught in Xuanwu's mouth. Wei Wuxian immediately helped pry it's mouth open and then carried Lan Wangji on his back to a place deep within the cave where Xuanwu could not reach them.