Y/n walked forwards and stood next to Sarah as they watched them try to fix it. Bucky easily twisted the spanner and managed to get the pipe to turn off and stop hissing air.

"Why didn't you use the metal arm?" Sam asked him after a moment of silence

"Well...I don't always think of it immediately. I'm right handed." Bucky admitted

"So this is the boat, huh?" Bucky asked as he looked around the boat.

"This is it." Sam replied

"It's nice." Bucky nodded. He awkwardly put his hands in his pockets and looked at Sam. "You want any help?"

"Yeah." Sam nodded

Y/n turned her head to Sarah and offered her a smile. "I'm Y/n. That's Bucky."

"I'm Sarah, Sam's told me all about you." Sarah said with a smile

"Really? Good things, I hope." Y/n joked

"Yeah." Sarah laughed

"Hey, Doll, I'm gonna need you down here." Bucky called up to her as he and Sam walked along the boat.

"Coming!" She called out to Bucky before she turned to Sarah and gave her a kind smile. "Duty calls."

Sarah nodded to her and Y/n walked towards the boat and hopped over the gap between the boat and the dock. She had never fixed a boat before, but she didn't want to stand around and not do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n exhaled heavily as she wiped the sweat from her brow. The three of them had been working on repairing the boat all day, she had sanded wood, fixed machinery and pulled off rotting wood and metal from the boat with her powers. She had mostly stayed by Bucky's side, doing whatever he said, because he had a lot more experience with stuff like this.

The sun had begun to set on the horizon, leaving the sky to be painted a beautiful light orange. Y/n was sitting on the boat with a drink in her hand, Sam was sitting across from her and Bucky was sitting beside her.

They sat in a peaceful silence, the only noise was the soft sound of the waves around them. Y/n was grateful for the moment of peace and normality amongst them.

"Well..." Bucky suddenly said as he stood up and sighed. "We Gotta catch our flight tomorrow. Get a hotel room for the night. Crash, you know?"

Bucky picked up his coat and placed his hand on Y/n's shoulder, silently telling her it was time to go. Y/n smiled slightly at his dramatic tone and stood up. He was definitely trying to guilt trip Sam.

"You're just gonna set me up like that, huh?" Sam said

"I don't wanna make it weird for your family." Bucky said

"Just stay here." Sam said with a small smile. "The people in this town are the most welcoming people in the world. They don't care if you wear small T-shirts or if you can move things with your mind or if you have six toes or if your moms your aunt." Sam trailed off. Bucky and Y/n laughed at his comment.

"Okay, I get it. I mean, you know, the people are nice." Bucky said. Y/n nodded with a smile
On her face.

"And hey, no funny business, okay?" Sam said with a raised eyebrow as he glanced between the two of them.

"No." Bucky said as he shook his head. Y/n laughed at his comment. She looked between Sam and Bucky who were both smiling and she felt a spark of joy in her chest. She had missed enjoying time with the people she loves.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The afternoon sun shone down through the thick trees that surrounded the Wilson residence. Y/n lent up against the thick trunk of a tree as she watched Sam and Bucky through the shield back and forth to each other. They ricocheted the shield off of a tree and back into their hands again.