Chapter 1: Not enough

You loved him was an understatement he was the only thing you can think of.

From the way he suffered to feel loved by the people whom he loved was painful even the "son" for whom he sacrificed so much hated and called him a monster.

You respected him very much that's why, when after your uninvited death came and when the fate had slammed you inside your favorite manhwa you made it your sole aim to show him that he is loved even in his "real form".

But alas , it seems you forgot the power that real protagonist holds in their hands.

You where special ; it was known to him because even if he needed hearts of humans he never wanted to take yours , because you smelled of death you reminded him of himself .

He knew you know something he didn't knew but he just ignored you, all the while you tried your best to take even a piece of his attention.

You were kind to him yes but you reminded him of something he hated to be .

And his patience broke when you desperately said something that you shouldn't have to get his attention.

From there you started to appear wherever he was , trying to talk to him ,telling him jokes, giving him gifts,(something he didn't need) but he just ignored you.

You understood that years of betrayal had made him like this but how can you ignore the way his eyes searched for a particular princess?......

The way he tried to get close to her ?....

The way he is always ready to kill someone?......

One day you had enough and said something you shouldn't have :

" I'll love you even if you where a monster and she will not ; she will leave you the second she will know what you are!"

He just glared at you and grabbed you by your neck but as soon as he saw the princess in danger he left to save her.

You knew it was their trap to capture him ,and it was the last time you ever seen him.

You accepted your defeat that day , you accepted the power the protagonist have , you accepted the fate that he can never be yours.

You can never be her you can never Be Enough for him.

you returned to your country that day; your parent were happy their daughter( crown princess) finally decided to return and had started to handle the court nicely.