Needless to say, it was unsurprising to see those grown people cry tears and wail. Since they were there supervising them kids in pods going through a killing game, serves them right.

Of course Miu wasn't slacking off while such things happened. She had headed immediately towards the monitors that she had a brief glimpse of and saw it connected to many control panels and keyboards.

Miu's sights locked on to the largest screen connected to a complicated control panel and keyboard. But for the Ultimate Inventor, it was just peanuts. Even now, she could call herself as such and uphold the tittle.

'But this... this is our reality,' Miu thought, still disbelieving despite everything they had gone through. Even as she was working through, trying to prepare for the next phases of their plan, headaches invaded her mind. Two sets of memories clashing and blurring the lines of reality, just as when one wakes up from a long sleep unknowing who they are really are, memories of the life before come in full force so that they can know... remember who they once were.

On one set of memories, Miu was a genius inventor after an accident that made her an augmented human destined for greater things, kidnapped to the killing game and suffered atrocities. On another set of memories, Miu was a runaway from an unsupportive family who looked down on her desire for greater things, surviving any way she can until she could acquire the skills for her ideals and prove her family as well as anyone who ever looked down on her wrong. Until she was kidnapped to the killing game, trapped with many others and stuffed inside a pod, crying in rage and suffered atrocities.

What was extremely funny was that the only difference between those two sets of memories were just her background. Everything else, down to her personality and recent events might as well run similar. Maybe, even with all the brainwashing and personality implementations in the world, it is still impossible to completely change the person. Or it was easier to match a new identity with the current personality so nothing untoward would happen in the game.

In the end, those were nothing more than idle thoughts when the rest have woke up, helped secure the men and now were given something called brief respite, while trying to get their bearings of what they were trying to do, what they can do and what they needed to accomplish.

Miu did not stray away from the computer, intent to fulfill her duty she had promised to...

"But what will happen to us? We'll..."

"Just because of what you are doesn't mean you won't get that happy ending too. Don't worry, I will retrieve you and I..."

"So, will someone finally explain everything to us? What do you plan for us to do? What do they mean by UDG?" Maki asked, interrupting Miu's thoughts, as she looked back to see everyone transistioning back to reality from the VR they have been locked up for a while now more smoothly than she ever thought.

Some eyes narrowed down towards Kokichi, while others slipped to Angie but it was the latter who decided to take a stand and recap what their memories had already told them and contextualized them for their given situation, starting from their hateful enemy Danganronpa.

The simple truth of the matter was that they lived in a world without Ultimates, where Danganronpa was at first created as a piece of media fiction that never involved actual human lives in the first place. It was simply a game with the overarching theme of hope vs despair with made up characters that received enough acclaim to make a sequel, spin off game, several light novels and fianlly an anime called Danganronpa 3 with hope and despair arcs that was supposed to neatly wrap up the entire franchise so that the creator of Danganronpa could move on to other games.

A lot of people could not accept such an outcome, being worldwide Danganronpa fans and had tried to satiate their feelings with fanganronpas and while plenty would say it was a whole lot better than the original, it was nothing more than a ploy to cover up their cravings for more of the original.