EXTRA

I didn't know if it was from lack of sleep, long classes or tiredness from work, but lately I felt like I wasn't getting enough rest.

I listened as the professor finished his class today, and as the crowd of students rushed to put away their stuff to leave the classroom.

Someone rested their hand on my shoulder and made me jump out of my seat, quickly turning around.

-Ah, I didn't mean to scare you. -The guy quickly apologized.
-I wanted to return the rubber you lent me. -He murmured, offering me a small eraser.

-...
-Ah, thank you. -I said quietly, putting it in my pocket.

My heart was beating too hard for this little startle, for a second I thought I was in danger.

...

I woke up and after putting on my coat and backpack, I left the classroom, following the crowd of students.

The walk back to my apartment seemed to never end, or maybe I was walking too slowly.

I had used all my willpower not to fall asleep in class, I didn't even have the energy to hurry the pace.

At least the cold wind on my face made me wake up a bit, as I walked around the university campus.

I looked with a bit of melancholy at the rest of the students talking and enjoying themselves in a group.

After a few moments, I arrived at the entrance to the apartments and began to climb the stairs to my floor.

I dragged my feet to the third floor and opened the door after struggling a bit with the keys in my hands.

As soon as I got inside, I closed the door behind me and collapsed on the small couch in the living room.

The apartment was freezing, the heating always worked whenever it felt like it.

-You look like a zombie. -A voice muttered with static behind me, hiding a small chuckle.

-I'm sleepy. -I replied, without taking my face off the icy sofa.

-...
-Sleep a little, I'll make lunch if you want. -She said, placing a blanket over me.

Compared to the rest of the apartment, it felt so warm....

I didn't want to fall asleep so early, but my willpower wasn't enough to keep my eyes from closing.

It didn't take me long to fall asleep, I felt strangely tired.
I felt like quitting my job, but I felt guilty living solely on the money sent to me by the foundation.

___________________________

It was quiet, maybe too quiet.

I opened my eyes and to my surprise, I was lying in the middle of the stone platform.

It had been a long time since I had visited this place, about five or six years.

It looked exactly the same as the last time, a dark stone platform, polished to perfection.

Though for some strange reason, it reflected nothing on its surface, though there wasn't much to reflect either, not many lights except the stars in the infinite space.

There was a single door, located at one corner of the platform.

I got up from the ground and started walking towards it, to appreciate it more closely.

I didn't plan to open it, I didn't know what kind of anomaly was behind it, or what the results would be but something made me change my mind.

That door was familiar, perhaps too familiar.