You Accidentally Save a Giant Metal Robot Thing

Hello readers! This is my first fanfiction and I am so glad to be able to share it with you. I find way too many stories out there with a bunch of swearing, inappropriate content, and romance (which I really don't like), so I have decided to write the kind of stories that I want to read.

If you drive out far enough into the desert, you would find a small town called Jasper, Nevada. Nothing interesting ever happened in Jasper, and everyday life was pretty ordinary. At least, that's what you've been told. But ever since your family moved from Parker, Colorado into 27 Edgewater Lane in the summer of 2010, your life has been nothing but extraordinary. 

The drive from Parker, Colorado to Jasper, Nevada was around a 15 hour drive, but since the only car your family owns was a rusty 1974 Ford pickup truck, it felt like an eternity.

You pull up to a shabby little house and your mom exclaims, "We're here!"

Everyone steps out of the truck to examine the house.

"What do you think, (y/n)?" Your Dad asks.

"Umm, it's...nice. Really, uh, rustic," you say as you examine the sagging front porch.

"I know it's not perfect, but it's where we have to move for my job. Besides, it's only a 10 minute drive from the dirt biking trails."

 "Oh?" you perk up.

That would be such a relief after the long ride. I haven't gone dirt biking in months.

 "Could I check it out after the unpacking's finished?" you ask, already opening the tailgate of the truck.

Cringing at the screeching sound the truck makes, you and your dad reach up to pull the dirt bike out of the truck bed.

"You can go now if you'd like."

"Won't you need help unpacking?" you ask as you swing your leg over the smooth seat.

Your 2009 Yamaha dirt bike is a deep navy blue with white and black streaks. The wheels are rough and encased in mud. It could use a good washing, but you could do that when you got back from the trails.

"No, I've got it. You go explore the trails. I'm sure you're itching to get out there after that 15 hour drive," your dad says with a smile.

You return the smile and tie up your (h/c) hair into a ponytail. Then you kick-start the engine and pull out of the dusty driveway, speeding down the road and relishing the feel of the wind on your body as the engine hums below you. After following the road signs marking where the trail is, you reach a forest and see dark green trees looming over you. Zooming through the trail, you hit hills and fly through the air. 

As you continue to drive, the once thick trees start to thin out and up ahead you see a massive crater in the ground. You hadn't even noticed it until you were 10 feet from the edge. You quickly slam on your brakes but realize you are going too fast. You wipe out the bike, hoping that your sliding would slow down the momentum, but it wasn't enough. You kick the dirt bike away from you so it wouldn't fall down the crater and brace yourself as you slide over the edge of the crater. The walls of the crater are rough and bumpy so by the time you slide down, or more accurately tumble down, you're battered and sore. 

It's only then that you notice the massive dark gray spaceship that hovers 50 feet above the crater. Fearing that the ship would see you, you duck behind a strange large blue crystal that pokes out of the rocks. There are more of these crystals scattered around the crater, but you focus on the giant spaceship above you. As you watch, some sort of cannon from the side of the ship shoots a red laser somewhere above the edge of the crater which is on the opposite side of where you're standing. It hits a bright red robot you hadn't seen earlier and it falls down the side of the crater in a huge explosion of blue fire. The impact blows a stray lock of (h/c) hair into your face and you impatiently brush it away as you watch the red robot.