Tabinda sat next to her and caressed her sweaty cheek. "I am worried because he is dangerous and can again hurt you...Nisha, stop him. Don't go with him for your checkups and don't bring him back in your life even for the sake of the baby."

"Sometimes you have to appear weak to get what you want." She stood up and said sternly. "I can't afford to take Ruhaan's outrage at such a time where he has the upper hand. He could try to take my baby's custody from his status and money. Are you looking at our circumstances? We barely live through."

Tabinda regarded her in distress. Her daughter was in such a difficult situation and even now she thought she was one of a reason for this. If only she would have given her a bit of freedom and maintained a friend-like relationship with her.

                _____________________

               A MONTH LATER

It was the start of her fifth month and now her baby bump started to show. started Even she was able to feel the kicking of her fetus as well and it unknowingly used to give her an unknown satisfaction.

Ruhaan had started to come into her life as her mother feared. Though if it was just for the sake of his child, he was succeeding in showing up to her in the most unexpected situations. He still accompanied her during her checkups and even now started to send her fruits and other healthy things she needed by the cover that he was doing for his baby. Nisha always used to fail these arguments.

But how strange that she hated his presence yet she loved it at the same time. Nisha sometimes wished she could tell Ruhaan about their baby's first kick and even make him feel it. But it was all impossible.

How beautifully destiny was making him win. First, he got his money back by deceiving her then he got himself high by keeping the divorce in his hand, and now this baby which he could easily snatch away from her anytime.

Nisha shuddered at her thought. Whatever she was doing, it was for her baby. Getting herself into Ruhaan's magical presence and fighting hard not to get lost in the love she had for him. She wouldn't allow Ruhaan to disrespect her again like this. She should start working on the custody papers and get Ruhaan to sign them soon as possible.

The door knocked which brought her out of her thoughts. She knew who it was and her mother's creepy stare was also an indication.

Nisha returned her gaze. "I am leaving Ammi." Tabinda nodded disheartened. She walked towards the main gate.

The gate opened, revealing Ruhaan, tall and handsome in his black three-piece suit like always. His eyes as usual flooded with happiness seeing his Nisha. He was missing her, wanting her back in his life, asking for forgiveness once again. He wanted to love and cherish her. To fill the deep hole in his being which occurred due to her leaving her. These routine doctor visits used to quench his thirst to see her occasionally. 

Today as well she was looking gorgeous in a light pink-colored long shirt and white trousers, covering her head with the same-looking dupatta. As usual, she was wrapped in a big brown shawl.

Ruhaan smiled. "Hi...How are you?"

"Let's go," she mumbled and locked the gate behind her before walking past him.

Ruhaan stiffened in his place. Every time, Nisha came across as stronger and unbreakable. She never made their encounters feel personal. It was always like a professional meeting between two business partners. She kept their discussion strictly about the baby.

But Ruhaan still tried to take care of her by coming here almost every weekend even though it was just by the gate. Just he progressed in one way; Nisha allowed him to send things if it concerned their child like food and paying the fee of the doctor etc.

When she came out of the ultrasound room, Ruhaan impulsively stood up and supported her by holding her arm. Nisha stared at his possessive hand on her skin but didn't say anything as the doctor was nearby.

"Be careful." Ruhaan led her to the chair and sat on the one next to her. As soon as they settled, Nisha pulled away her arm from his grip.

The doctor looked at the reports and then grinned at both of them. "Congratulations, you have a twin pregnancy."

Nisha's jaw dropped upon hearing this. She peeked at her bump. On the other hand, Ruhaan felt an immense amount of happiness seeping into his heart. He stared at her with a loving gaze. She quickly slanted her eyes away and went out of the doctor's room.

She couldn't believe it. She was feeling happy and shackled at the same time. Happy for becoming a mother to two children at the same time and worried since it again strengthened Ruhaan's position. And she was dreading her mother's reaction over this.

Ruhaan occupied the driving seat and peered at her who was fumbling with her seat belt. He was happy at this good news. He never gave any thought to wanting a family of his own. He never got time for this. According to him, he would have never gotten any true love and the resultant bliss of a happy family. Any woman who would come into his life would be either after his good looks or high status and money.

But the girl sitting beside him as his wife wasn't here because of any of the two reasons. She memorized every truth or lie he told her about himself like a lesson. She was able to see beyond his handsome face and wealth. She loved him truly but he was so unfortunate to not value her feelings and emotions.

And it was the most dreading retaliation for Ruhaan.

Retribution in answer to a retribution he took from Nisha. The thing which he always wanted to find in his life finally came to him but now it was going away from him more swiftly than it approached.

He was restless without her and his life despite being prosperous was so doomed from the inside. That was the reason he never missed a chance to see Nisha satisfy his disturbed heart and mind. It was ironic a guy who never gave a damn about women was so smitten by an ordinary girl. Ruhaan who always remained like an out-of-reach star was trying so hard to win a simple girl like Nisha who even he knew was still crazy for him.

But she wasn't simple and ordinary for Ruhaan. She occupied his heart and those who lived in his heart are always special. 

Things weren't going anywhere for sure. But Ruhaan didn't want to think about them for now. He wanted to savor the moments with her that he had gotten by chance.

Nisha felt the heat of his gaze on her and looked at him in annoyance but what she found in his eyes made her stiffen. Immense love and adoration were seeping inside those blue irises. And it was different this time. His emotions were raw, unlike the past which now she considered seemed forced. But she quickly shook her head. It wasn't something he had difficulty in simulating. He used the same trick on her before as well and she would be dumb to again fall prey to it.

"I am so glad...I never thought mere news could give you this gratification but yes, this one did," he uttered still delighted.

Nisha's heart almost dropped into a deep pit of fear at this. The twinkle in his eyes was real and it wasn't because of her, it was due to his babies. He loved his unborn children and could be possessive of them when they would come into the world. She had to hasten to put a permanent lock on the welfare of her future before Ruhaan would get any chance to find the key to that lock.

"Can you please hurry and drive? I need to reach home soon." Her answer made the smile from Ruhaan's lips fall.

He nodded nevertheless and started the engine. Him being with Nisha and she embarrassing him perhaps he had to prepare himself to get used to it. And he knew he deserved every bit of it for acting like a jerk with her.

But it still saddened Ruhaan that she didn't show any happy reaction to this good news. He was so delighted over the fact he was getting children with her. After all, they gave him a strong footing. And he would fight for his life to protect them and Nisha.

                 ____________________

Salam/ Hello guys!

Here's a new chapter for you.

Hope you like it.

Do vote and comment a lot. ❤