"I know that you love her deeply" Hareem spoke, "but what if she never acknowledges that, what if she never loves you back as much as you do, have you ever thought of about it?"

Shavez smiled amidst taking the wallet and his phone from the dresser and slipping it into his pocket.

"It's not about her loving me, it's about me loving her. That's what truly matters to me."

"You are saying that now, but does it not hurt? When all we do is give."

"She is worth it, she is worth everything " He muttered and looked at Hareem who didn't seem very much convinced by what he said.

"I know about you and Rabi" He stated making Hareem look at him widening his eyes. "Hareem, you gotta remember that people don't always say what they really want. It's essential to pay attention to the unspoken words, to delve deeper and look beyond the surface, in order to truly comprehend what someone wants or needs."

"It's just that I'm feeling confused and lost because she was with me one moment, and then suddenly she wasn't. I don't understand what happened between us."

"Did she ever tell you that she likes you?"

"She did, she told me that she wishes to stay with me but now I don't understand why, she doesn't even want to see me, she hates me."

Shavez nodded, "Did she tell you that she hates you?"

"Um, no? But it's evident."

"If you really read between the lines, she doesn't hate you Hareem. Maybe when she looks at you, she is reminded of the future she could never have and hence pushes you away, it's just my theory give it a thought."

"There is much to what meets the eye"

Shavez's words intrigued Hareem, as he had gone silent for a minute his mind circling over those words.

"Her loving me would have given me strength, no doubt of that. But my love for her gives me courage, courage to fight for her, and courage to see her winning at life. Because I know, when I fight, she wins."

Shavez said he was telling all these words to himself too, to give himself the assurance that he was doing the right thing. Haya needed him as much as he needs her, though the reason may be different but he was okay as long as that was bringing them together.

"What about the child?" Hareem asked.

"What about him?"

"For instance, if she never tells you and ultimately chose him over you. Will you let go?"

Shavez let out a small chuckle, even though he couldn't decipher what made him laugh, but maybe it was the thought of her leaving him, he couldn't bear that, it would prove to be the end of the world for him, yet again.

The extent of hurt makes people laugh, it really does.

"Children are never responsible for how they are treated by their parents," he said. "Life is just so unfair for them to be born where they are not wanted"

"I don't want the child to feel that he is a burden, I will initiate the talk some time in the future and I will tell her my wish of bringing him into my house."

"You know Hareem.." He said, and looked at the other who was already looking at him with eager eyes, waiting for him to continue, "It haunts me, whatever she had gone through was because of me and each time I close my eyes I find 'My fault' written in red bold everywhere around me."

"Adnan's hatred should have been directed towards me but it got all directed towards Haya, if only I knew I wouldn't want her to stay with him another minute.."