Anakin stared down in horror as Padmé hit the ground below.

"Put the ship down! Down!" yelled Anakin.

"No! Forget her. We have to go after Dooku." Obi-Wan said.

"No, we're not!! Land this ship!" continued shouting Anakin.

"Don't let your personal feelings get in the way. We've got a job to do." Obi-Wan replied.

Below, Padmé hauled herself to her feet and waved for them to go after Dooku.

"I don't care! ...Go back." Anakin said.

"Anakin! She's all right! Look." Mary affirmed.

Anakin stared out to see Padmé rescued by Clone troopers.

"Follow that speeder!" ordered Obi-Wan.

On the ground, Padmé looked up at Gunship #2 as it speeded away after Count Dooku. Obi-Wan, Mary and Anakin followed the speeder to a Geonosian tower. The speeder descended rapidly; the Gunship followed.

Count Dooku's speeder parked outside the tower; the Gunship parked next to it. Obi-Wan and Anakin leaped down and ran inside the tower.

Before entering, Mary said "I have a bad feeling."

                                                                                   ☾☼

Count Dooku threw switches on a control panel. His Interstellar Sail Ship was guarded by a squad of super battle droids. The doors of the exit-port slid open.

"Your Excellency!" said the droid captain.

Count Dooku turned as the trio ran in through the hanger doors. They drew their lightsabers. The droids raised their weapons.

"That won't be necessary, Captain. Stand down. And leave them to me." Dooku said.

The droids lowered their weapons and backed off to the walls. Count Dooku looked at the trio with slight amusement.

"We move in together, you slowly on the..." Obi-Wan was going to say.

"I'm taking him now!" said Anakin.

"Anakin, no!" yelled Mary.

"You'll pay for all the Jedi you've killed today, Dooku."

Anakin charged across the open space at Count Dooku, who smiled faintly, watching him came. Anakin raised his lightsaber.

At the last moment, Count Dooku thrusted out an arm, and Anakin was lifted up, hurled across the room, and slammed into the opposite wall.

He slumped to the foot of the wall, semi-conscious. Count Dooku moved toward Obi-Wan and Mary.

"Kenobi and little Skywalker, isn't it? As you can see, my Jedi powers are far beyond yours. Now, back down." Dooku said.

"I don't think so." Obi-Wan replied.

They lifted their lightsabers. Count Dooku smiled.

"Ah, but if I must."

Count Dooku drew his lightsaber. He and the duo started to circle each other.

"I have spent the last ten years learning to use the power of the Dark Side. It gives me infinitely greater power."

"You will have to prove it." Mary said.

Obi-Wan came in fast, swinging at Count Dooku's head. Dooku parried the cut easily.
Mary threw herself at Dooku but she was intercepted. As they fought, it quickly became clear that Dooku was the complete swordsman, elegant, graceful, classical, a master of the old style.