Background

Let's start this shit. It is currently the 23rd January 2016. Right my name is Thomas Jack Gibson. I'm 11 years old and I was born 9th may 2004. I have ADHD, dyslexia and anger problems. My nicknames are Tommy, Tom, TJ and T. I have a half sister, Kiara Oakley Gonzalez. She is 5 years old. She was born 1st March 2010. Her nicknames are kee, She is lowkey my best friend. We have a big family. Everyone from med, firehouse 51 and district 21. That's mainly because our uncle is lieutenant Kelly Severide of Squad 3 at firehouse 51. They all became family. Matt, Jay, Will and Connor are like our older brothers. They are very protective of us and would do anything for us. Shay, Erin, April and Maggie are like our older sisters. Hank and Kelly I would say are our father figures. I never knew my dad and Michael well he's not really dad material. They're always there for us and never lets us down. The list is endless. They'll do anything for us.

I have always felt the need to protect Kiara and shield her from the evils of the world. Mainly shield her from her parents and our situation.

Your probably thinking 'situation? It can't be that bad right?' well it can be. Long story short mom and Kiaras dad Michael are drug addicts and alcoholics so as you can imagine it's not easy living with them. It seems like we're always walking on eggshells around them. Can't be too loud. Can't ask for anything. Can't do anything. It's worse when I get in trouble. I have ADHD which means that I often find myself in trouble like 99% of the time. I also have anger issues that cause me to go from 0-100 quickly. These combined can sometimes cause ww3 at home. It always ends up with me battered on the floor and mom and Michael in the kitchen getting high again or drinking. Kiara does little things that piss then off like spilling juice or being messy average kid stuff. I've made sure that they don't lay a hand on her and they can take it out on me.

Your probably thinking why haven't i told anyone. Well Michael threatened me. He said that if I tell anyone then he'll kill Kiara, mom and kelly. So till this day I haven't said anything.