School the next day passed uneventfully for Marina, she kept her head down, avoiding every child of PRIDE for the day.

She just needed a minute without the insanity.

But the insanity found her, when Karolina and Gert saw her cycling through the parking lot.

"Marina!"

She came to an abrupt stop when she heard a female voice call for her.

A quick scan of the parking lot revealed it was Karolina, who waved, motioning for Marina to join her and Gert.

"What's up?"

She asked, circling back to the two.

"Do you want to come with us?"

Marina waved her arm, motioning for the blonde to elaborate.

"We're bonding on a mission to prove our parents aren't killers."

Gert supplied.

"Okay? How? Everything we've seen and found, it all seems pretty damning."

"As I was telling Gert, there's a Gibborim ceremony when somebody goes Ultra. I haven't seen it, it's a higher level than me, but maybe that's what we saw. My mom has a bunch of my grandpa's old papers and books on our rites and rituals. Could explain it."

Marina frowned.

If that was a gibborim ceremony, they're practices seemed pretty messed up.

"Wait so all of your parents are Gibbs?"

She asked.

She couldn't remember any mention of it when they were kids, as far as she knew Karolina and her parents were the only ones.

"Not that we know of but... There's clearly a lot we don't know about the 'rents, but wouldn't it be great if their big secret was just that they'd converted to Gibborim?"

Marina sighed.

She wasn't convinced, but seeing as she had no other explanation, maybe it was worth looking into.

"What about my bike?"

The three girls thought that problem over for a moment, Karolina's mini cooper certainly couldn't fit a bike into its trunk space.

"Leave it here, have Chase drive you in the morning."

The thought of being alone with Chase sent Marina's stomach into a tumble, but seeing as she couldn't explain that to the present parties, she admitted it was a decent idea.

"I'll pull around while you go lock it up."

Karolina decided.

The ride to the Dean's house was quiet, but Marina didn't mind.

She preferred silence to forced small talk.

Karolina's house was enormous, and beautiful.

It was built with colored terracotta bricks, and the elegant, curved, front door was at least eight feet tall.

Karolina parked in the garage, and led the way into the sprawling mansion.

They set to work digging through some cabinets, and drawers, of Karolina's grandfathers things.

After a few minutes, Gert spoke up.

"You know, I'm really digging this Gibb thing.
I mean, I'm not super down with the amount of white jeans involved, but there's a lot about this that's really beautiful."

Marina had to agree, the artwork alone was gorgeous, and spiritual.

Some of the writings seemed a bit outlandish, but well meaning all the same.