Marina swiped her arm across her brow with a huff, cracking the joints in her elbows as she stood from the shower floor in the Valentine's third guest bathroom.

She'd just finished scrubbing the grime from the tiles, finally completing the tasks her mother had given her.

She quickly rinsed the shower tiles, before the collecting the cleaning supplies into the caddy and meeting her mother by the back door.

"You're an angel mija."

Her mother said, arching her back in a pained manner.

"Trust me ma, you're the only person on the planet I'd willingly scrub toilets for."

Marina chuckled, following her mother out the back door and trudging across the lawn towards their house.

She enjoyed a normal meal, with her normal mother, then headed up to her room to take out her Spanish homework.

It might've been cheating to take Spanish when she was fluent, but she needed perfect grades to maintain her scholarship, and Atlas academy would look stellar on college applications.

When her homework was finished, and she still hadn't heard from Chase or Gert, she started to worry.

It was getting late, what if they really had found something in Gert's basement?

Something dangerous?

Her phone chimed as she reached for it, and she opened it to find a text from Chase-

Come over.

She chewed her lip, and responded-

Front door, or window.

Chase took a few nerve wracking minutes to text back.

Front door is fine, if they see you you're helping me with Spanish.

Marina slipped on her shoes, and grabbed her back pack.

She froze by her bedroom door, turning back to her nightstand.

The Steins house didn't sound safe, so she grabbed her taser.

Just in case.

She found her mom filling a crossword in the kitchen, Chase's story had been a good idea, and her mom easily agreed to let her go a house over "so long as you're not out too late".

She hiked down the driveway in eery darkness, and shot Chase as text as she approached the Stein's front door-

Outside.

Chase answered the door in a matter of seconds, he was wearing joggers, that Marina couldn't help but notice fit him quite nicely.

He ushered her up the stairs into his bedroom, and closed the door behind them.

The walls of his room were a dark blue, that only enhanced the lack of lighting.

"Chase what's going on? Did you and Gert find something?"

Chase sat down at his desk, and started to do something with his tablet while he explained.

"Well I was setting up a group WizTalk- so we could all share our findings - when I realized you weren't in my WizTalk contacts, then I remembered you have an old ass phone, you should really upgrade."

He informed her while he searched his contacts for the rest of the group.

Marina scoffed, flopping onto the bed behind him and examining her "old ass phone", trying to ignore the scent of his cologne on his sheets.