"Stand here." He motions to a place in front of the mirror and then moves behind me.
"What do you have in mind?" I question the boy, making eye contact through the mirror.
"Don't worry, it'll be great." Taylor smirks. "I just need a comb and some hair ties."

"Here." I gesture to the bench in front of me. "Can I do my make-up while you do my hair?"
"Sure," Taylor leans in closer to my ear. "Just keep it natural, I like it better that way."
"I-." I begin, cheeks flushing in response. Taylor chuckles as he grabs my comb and begins to part my hair, as if he didn't just compliment me so effortlessly.

I smile softly as I swap between completing a basic make-up look and watching Taylor style my hair into two french braids, twisted into two space buns at the base of my head. I'm pleasantly surprised with how good this hairstyle is coming out, I never thought Taylor, of all people, would be able to pull something like this off. 

"Can you pass me another bobby pin?" Taylor asks, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Oh yeah, sure." I smile, placing the bobby pin in his hand. I hold still as he gently pushes the bobby pin in, holding the end of the braid in place, forming the space bun. 
"And done." He announces, placing his hands on my shoulders. 

"Wow, you've outdone yourself." I admire his work through the mirror. "It looks beautiful, thank you."
"Not as beautiful as the canvas." A genuine smile covers Taylor's face as he gently squeezes my shoulders. I blush, turning my face away from his line of sight. 

"Are you two done?" Nash calls, peering into the bathroom.
"Yeah, we're done." I nod my head, moving to pack up my make-up bag. When I finish, I turn around to see Taylor still standing behind me, watching me. I smile gently, grabbing his hand and giving it a quick squeeze, before letting go and joining the others. 

"Time to go." Jacob nods towards the door, my guitar in hand. 
"Let's do it." I beam, gladly taking my guitar case from my brother and leading the way out of my room. 

"Jordan, give me that." Nash motions to my guitar case as he falls into step beside me. 
"It's okay, I can carry my own guitar." I laugh lightly.
"I never said you couldn't." He smiles, reaching over and taking my guitar case from me. A small smile creeps onto my face as we walk side-by-side towards the elevator. 

Once we enter the elevator, the five of us look at each other, anticipation filling the space.
"Are you guys excited? The first soundcheck means that the first show is almost here." Taylor points out. 
"Pretty excited," I begin and quickly realise that that means performing in front of many people. "and pretty nervous."

"You'll be okay Jordie, I-" Jacob attempts to reassure me, but I swiftly cut him off. 
"Jacob." I breathe unsteadily. "Please don't call me that, not now." I feel the questioning eyes of our friends around me. 
"Sorry Jords, I thought it'd be nice to be reminded o-" He tried again. 

"I-I," I shake my head, looking at the ground of the elevator. "I don't want to be." 
"Jordan." Jacob began, moving in front of me and taking hold of my upper arms. "Sorry, I didn't read that very well."
"It's okay." I smile softly, looking up at my twin. "I just don't want to think about that right now."

"Then don't." He smiles, pulling me into his chest in an embrace. I smile as I feel secure in my twin's arms, this is exactly what I needed. 

"Ground floor." The electronic voice of the elevator calls, causing my brother and I to break apart. 
"Let's go." Jacob pipes up, leading the way out.

"You okay Jords?" Mahogany asks in concern.
"Yeah, I promise." I smile reassuringly.

"You girls look stunning." Hayes gawks as we approach the group.
"Why thank you." I smirk, ruffling his hair in response.
"And you're on time." Johnson points out. 

"We're just that good." Mahogany smirks. "We better actually go to Bart before we're all late though."
"Great idea, let's go." Gilinsky calls as he grabs my hand and we take off towards our meeting point with Bart. 

"Hi guys," Bart calls as we approach him at top speed. "woah, wait. I thought Jordan was always late."
"Hey." I call, glaring at my brother accusingly. 
"He needed to know Jords." Jacob speaks with a laugh. 

"Well, she's not late anymore." Gilinksy laughs, making it very evident that we were the first two to arrive.
"I can see that." Bart smiles as the group joins us. "You do know that you are all late."
"Sorry Bart." Matt apologises. 

"We promise we'll be on time tonight." Carter reassures. 
"You guys better be." Bart warns. "May I ask why you are all twenty minutes late?"
"I can take the blame for that." Taylor steps forward. "The rest of the boys were waiting for us while I was doing Jordan's hair."

"Wait, you did her hair?" Carter asks in shock.
"But, it's practically perfect." Matt gushes.
"Yeah, we couldn't believe it either." Mahogany informs with a laugh. "But it's true."

"Taylor's just full of surprises." I smile towards the boy as he sends me a quick wink. 

~~~

"That soundcheck took forever." Aaron groans. 
"You're telling us, we had to constantly stop and start singing." Shawn whines.
"Stop being so dramatic, it was fun." Johnson smiles gleefully, clearly excited for tonight's show.

"Have you guys decided what songs you'll be performing in the show?" Cameron asked from beside me. 
"I really want Jacob to sing 'It Will Rain', and then Bart said we needed another song as well." I informed, turning towards the group for suggestions. "Any ideas?"

"Why don't you guys choose a Passenger song?" Mahogany suggests. Jacob and I share a look and I know that he likes the idea. 
"It's up to you." I nod towards him. 
"Then it's settled, 'Hearts on Fire' it is." Jacob confirms with a smile. 

~~~

"Now to introduce to you, the MagCon Tour." Bart announces as Mahogany runs onto the stage. "Our very own rocking DJ, Mahogany Gordy!"
"Hey guys, what's up?" Mahogany asks as she played 'Somebody to Love' in the background.  Bart swiftly passes over to Mahogany and leaves the stage, allowing her to work through the introductions. 

"To start us off, we have the childhood best buds, Johnson and Gilinsky." The guys run onstage doing joint cartwheels before falling into a heap on the floor, causing the crowd to erupt in cheers. "Next up, we have the flirts of the group, Cameron and Taylor!" The crowd screams as the boys run out flexing their muscles. "Now, for these goofballs, Aaron, Shawn, and Matt!" Mahogany calls as the crowd lose it. "I think we all know whose next." Mahogany teases the crowd. "The blue-eyed brothers, it's Nash and Hayes Grier." The boys run on stage cheering for themselves.

"And finally, our newest members to the MagCon team. The handsome Whitesides prince..."
"Ooh two compliments." I coo as my brother smiles at his introduction, he's definitely head-over-heels for this girl. 
"And the gorgeous Whitesides princess." Mahogany continues.

Jacob grabs my hand. "Let's do this."
"Jacob and Jordan!" Mahogany calls as we run out hand-in-hand and the crowd cheers. I smile brightly and wave at the sea of people before me.

"Watch out!" Someone calls from the audience.
"Why?" I laugh. Well, apparently out of a whole hall of people, no one had enough time to warn us properly before the rest of the group jumped on top of Jacob and I, causing us all to fall.

"Now, we're a family." Gilinsky announces as the group of us laugh.