CHAPTER 1

Azalayah

The alarm rang throughout the room loudly making Azalayah stir around in her bed. Eventually after staring at the ceiling for at least two minutes she groaned and grabbed her phone from the nightstand to turn the alarm off.

"I have to stop setting so many alarms." She said as she sat up on the side of her bed stretching. She looked around her room noticing how messy it was from the night before. Deciding to ignore it for now she slipped on her fuzzy slippers and headed to the bathroom to start her day.

She cut the bathroom light on immediately blinking from the brightness of the large vanity mirrors lights. She went to her phone to find the perfect song to begin her day. Azalayah was very diverse when it came to her music taste she never looked down on any genre, if she liked a song it was in her playlists.

Today was a very big day for Azalayah and she wanted to make sure it went to plan. In the end she decided to shuffle her gospel playlist to start the day. While Tye Tribbett's 'If He did It before' played through the bathroom speakers she sung along waiting for the shower to heat up.

"IF HE DID IT BEFORE,HE CAN DO IT AGAIN. SAME GOD RIGHT NOW SAME GOD BACK THEN!" She sang loudly as she washed her body with her favorite native body wash.

She had about two hours before the biggest deal of her life was happening. She had gotten an offer for her to style one of the biggest plus size models in the world. She was nervous to say the least. Her and her assistant Patrice had been planning for weeks to get everything ready. This was an opportunity that could put her in the room with big names and she wanted everything to be done properly.

She made sure every measurement was accurate, every detail was correct, and every outfit perfectly sculpted. Nevertheless she was ready but in terms of meeting her idol she was unprepared. You know what they say 'Never meet your idols'.

After about thirty minutes of singing and doing her whole morning ritual she got out of the shower. It was almost 6:30 meaning she had about an hour to get dressed and eat before making the trip to the photo shoot.

She decided to dress semi professionally with a pink suit jacket and pants; wearing a black lace body suit underneath. She decided to wear a pair of black YSL heels to go with her outfit.

Azalayah made her way to the bathroom to take out her pin curls she put in the night before

Azalayah made her way to the bathroom to take out her pin curls she put in the night before. Shaking her hair out she took one last look. "Bitch you got this, ain't no reason to be afraid, you've been working for this moment and it's finally here you deserve this." She said while looking in the mirror.

As she makes her way downstairs to get out the house she gets a call from her assistant Patrice. "Hellllooooo" she says in a singsong voice.

Patrice laughs on the other end. "Hey girly, are you excited about today?" She asks.