12. Unleashed

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now?" 

Kinn's icy tone booms over the living room. Thankfully, Porsche, Petch and Kuea make it back safely. Porsche also captures the injured hitman to be questioned. Three of them are now standing before Kinn with Tankhun and Keam sitting at the side. Kinn had been furious to know there was a bomb that went unnoticed. 

"I apologise sincerely, young master," Kuea has his head down. "It was careless of me to let my guard down. I accept any form of punishment you see fit." 

Kinn continues his silence, deep in thought. Tankhun seems to be quietly scrolling his phone, not taking the tense situation seriously. Keam darts his eyes between Kinn and Tankhun as if expecting either of them to whip out a gun and shoot the guilty party. Porsche grows anxious by the second, pining his gaze to and fro between Kinn and Kuea. He had to get involved somehow.

"Just wait a damn minute!" Porsche cuts in, ending the silence. "No one was hurt. No one got killed. He doesn't need to be killed or punished. Why is he taking the blame for something that didn't affect anyone?" 

"Because," Kinn sighs. "It's his job to ensure you and Petch are safe. Instead, he placed you both in danger, nearly killing Petch. How are you not upset by this?" 

"I'm not because I have put Petch in situations like that too. My brother and I know danger predictions and what to be alert of. Kuea has protected us by ensuring no one followed us. The car was tampered with when we weren't there. I noticed the grenade pin on the ground and alerted everyone. Petch was quick to react and pulled Kuea to safety. I just happened to notice the culprit in the corner. Again, we were in similar situations before so our reactions are prompt. Kuea isn't to blame." 

Kinn frowns. "But-" 

"No buts!" Porsche interferes sharply. "We should be focusing on the enemy, not ourselves. The bigger picture, Mr Leader." 

Kinn narrows his gaze in anger, clenching his fists. He is not being fond of being talked down on by others. In the corner of his eye, he sees Tankhun widening his eyes in amusement. Great, his brother will never let him leave this down. Or worse, his entire family will know of it. 

"You think you're so smart, are you?" Kinn scoffs, counting numbers in his head. "I'll wait till you beg me to rescue you from something." 

Porsche sees his annoyance and smirks. "I shall look forward to that day, Mr leader. Now, if this 'meeting' is over, I could like to let my brother rest in our room. Kuea, would you mind showing us?" Porsche ends the discussion with his fingers dancing in the air, air-quoting the word 'meeting'. 

Kuea blinks and glances at Tankhun for his permission. Tankhun smiles, nodding away to dismiss them. He also waves everyone away so he can be alone with his brother. The room turns silent with the closing of the door. Kinn relieves a sigh and rubs his forehead. 

"You're gonna have your hands full with that one. He's a lion that pounces," Tankhun watches as Kinn sighs again. "Finally, someone that meets your match." 

"Don't say it as if Keam is a tame puppy. He's not and you know it," Kinn scoffs. "That makes two of us in this family. Ugh, do we have a type or what?" 

"Or rather, three of us. Remember how father never wins over mom? Not even once. We all shudder when Mom exploded on us." Tankhun laughs, remembering the old days when they were kids. Their mom could be the sweetest but not even the mafia leader wants to mess with her during her bad moods. 

"I mean, there's Kim. Somehow I wonder if he would settle down... But it's hard to say," Kinn shrugs. They all had their free-spirited days or whore days as they called them, but Kim does not seem to cease at all.