27. "I'm Proud Of You, Court."

Începe de la început

"You could always open the letter yourself." I suggest with a playful taunt, holding the letter out in front of her.

Her eyes glance down at the letter, glancing back up at my eyes before meeting the letter once more.

"No, you do it." Comes her surprisingly quiet voice.

Sending that this acceptance thing may be affecting her more than I originally presumed, I quickly retrieve the handwritten letter from the large envelope.

Dear Miss Carmichael,

Congratulations and welcome to Nickelson University!

On behalf of Nickelson's faculty, staff, students, and alumni, it is with our greatest pleasure that we inform you that you have been admitted on a business and journalism program at the University of Nickelson.

We have included a starter package to better familiarize yourself with our campus.

We look forward to meeting you and witnessing all of the achievements you will bring to our campus.

Sincerely,

Dean Rivers.

"You got accepted."

"I got accepted?!"

"You got accepted!" I confirm with a head nod.

"Oh my god!" Courtney screams, a large smile breaking out onto her face.

The blonde snatches the piece of paper out of my hands and quickly scans her eyes over the paper. I watch as her smile seemingly grows wider the longer that she reads the handwritten letter.

"I'm proud of you, Court." I tell her.

"I mean, I knew you could do it all along...but you get the point."

Courtney rolls her eyes at my comment, her smile never falling from her face as said eyes finally meet my own. Her hands lower until they rest in her lap.

"I can't believe that they accepted me...me!"

"I can. Believe it or not, you're quite the character."

"Am not." She brings one of her hands up to lightly smack one of my shoulders.

"Court, you literally professed your love for me in front of the entire school."

"That was, like, last week's news. I prefer to focus on the future instead of the past, Gillian."

"Whatever, Court." I cannot help but chuckle at the blonde's delusions.

The two of us stare at each other for a few seconds before I feel a sudden shift in the air around us.

"You know," the blonde leans her body closer to my own, giving me the perfect view of the tops of her full breasts in her tight summer dress.

"I think that I deserve a reward for all of my hard work."

I raise an eyebrow at the girl, leaning in a little closer as well.

"Oh yeah?" I rasp.

I slowly bring one of my hands up to the blonde-haired girl's delicate neck. Using my pointer finger, I lightly hook it underneath the thin gold necklace that hangs from her her neck and use this leverage to pull her face closer to my own.

Courtney, all too eager, brings her face so close to my own that the tips of our noses brush into each other's.

"What kind of reward do you think that you deserve?" I taunt lightly, not necessarily wanting to be cruel.