15. "Courtney, Please!"

Smut Warning

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gillian's POV

The large oak door swings open to reveal a pajama-clad Gia, a large smile making its way onto her face at the sight of me.

"Hey, come in!" She urges.

Not wasting a second more, I rush out of the cold climate and enter the warmth of her house.

Gia waits until I am entirely inside her house to close the door behind me, trapping all of the cold air outside and all of the warm heat inside.

"You know where the basement is right?" She asks.

I nod my head, having a faint memory of it.

Gia does not even attempt to hide her surprise.

"So, you don't mind leading the way?"

I roll my eyes at the giggling brunette.

"I hate you." I say, beginning to walk in the direction of the basement door.

"Fuck you, I'm a delight to be around." She rebutted, seemingly following close behind me.

I do not think twice about this as I continue to lead us towards the door.

"Oh yeah? Who told you that? The voices in your head?" I joke only to earn a scoff in return.

"I do not have voices in my head, you asshole!"

"Could have fooled me." My tone is dry with heavy sarcasm.

In little to no time we reach the basement door. I bring my hand up to the gold-plated doorknob and turn said knob to the left, pulling it towards my body so that the door opens.

"Shit," Gia's cursing catches me off guard, forcing me to turn and face her.

"I forgot the snacks." She reveals.

"Oh, I can go back with you to go and get them." I suggest.

The brunette-haired girl shakes her head.

"No, it's fine." She tells me.

"I'll go get them, but you can go and make yourself comfortable. I'll be back before you know it."

I nod my head, not thinking anything of this as I make my way into the basement. I leave the door cracked so that Gia is able to easily open the door on her way back with the food.

My sneaker-clad feet make their way down the long staircase at a moderate pace, soon ending up in a dimly lit room.

Wow! I haven't been here in forever.

Without thinking, my eyes begin to take in the large room.

There are white fairy lights strung along the top of the room where the ceiling meets the top of the walls, giving the room a calming feeling.

The main light down here does not seem to be on at all which I have no problem with.

The small windows that rest near the high ceiling are all covered with short curtains that I assume that her dad put up.

Glancing over towards the television, I notice that the movie 'Vampire Cheerleader' is playing. The same movie that Courtney and I kissed during...twice!

Not wanting to think about her, I shift my gaze over towards the table where numerous different snacks rest. Not only that, but a bottle of vodka along with three different cans of soda.