21. "Watch Me."

Yikes.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Gillian's POV

When I received the email that I was now eligible to graduate once again, I could barely stop the screams of excitement from leaving my mouth.

Not only am I graduating, but I am going to an amazing university a few months after the ceremony.

I could not be happier with all of these recent wins in my life.

...if only I had someone to celebrate with or even tell.

Do not get me wrong, I love calling my mom and telling her about my accomplishments but there are some things that you just cannot tell the woman who gave birth to you.

As soon as I received the congratulatory email yesterday, Moon walked in on me.

Excited, I told her all about it and she congratulated me. As the two of us continue to talk, however, we somehow ended up on the topic of Courtney as per usual.

I could be absolutely livid with the girl yet still be worried about her. I have no clue what this means, but it feels sort of weird to say the least.

Moon said something about her believing that she may have hallucinated the blonde spying on me from around the corner. Not even two seconds after those words exited her mouth, I peaked around her head rather eagerly only to come up empty handed.

The hallway was completely empty.

I felt sort of disappointed that she wasn't there.

...Weird, I know.

I mean, I was the one who yelled at her and broke up with her. But at the same time I wish that she could do some sort of action to show that she does in fact still care about our 'relationship'.

Maybe I'm being naive...Maybe she realized that she didn't actually like me after the break up.

Hell, she's probably celebrating right now!

Noticing that I was upset, Moon tried to cheer me up by doing her best Courtney impression. Whilst hilariously entertaining, it was not entirely accurate.

The two of us soon got lost in conversation and talked to each other for the rest of the lunch period, eventually heading our respective ways when it ended.

I type in my locker combination before pulling its thin metal door open, a feeling of nausea settling in my lower belly.

I have had a bad feeling in my stomach since I woke up for school this morning...as if something bad is going to happen today.

It took every last fiber of my being to convince myself to come to school today because the feeling was so over-whelmingly strong when I woke up this morning.

There are only three months of school left.

What's the worst that can happen?

Once I have finished placing my textbooks inside of my locker and retrieving the one that I need for second period, I close my locker door.

My attention is focused solely on the beaten up textbook as I haphazardly shove it inside of my unzipped backpack before proceeding to zip said backpack closed.

I throw the strap of my backpack over my shoulder as I turn on my heel and begin to walk in the direction of my first period class.

As soon as I lift my head upwards my eyes lock on a very familiar blonde haired-girl who appears to be more pissed than usual.