In the 75th minute, Evie received a pass from Leah and then she set off up the line. Her face was cracked into a big smile. She'd been out running this defender all night; she could do it again now. Instead going the whole way on her own, she picked out Tooney and then ran to get herself in a good position. She wasn't watching as her teammates passed between them but when she heard the call, she knew the ball was coming her way.

It landed perfectly at her feet and after controlling it, she smashed it hard towards the goal. The ball flew perfectly, spinning with the amount of power she'd put on it.

The net rippled, finally confirming it. She'd managed to score. Get in!

Evie ran off with her arms outstretched, her teammates mobbing her and the crowd bouncing around and screaming with joy. This was the life.

"KIDDO!" Keira yelled, planting a rather aggressive kiss on her forehead. Lots more pats on the backs and hugs were sent her way before they ran to reset.

They were hungry for more and even when the full-time whistle blew, Evie felt like she could've carried on all night.

Arjan gave his team talk, holding up an iPad with Sarina's face on so she could pass on her thoughts and then they went to celebrate.

All of them danced up and down, singing songs and thrilled with the result.

"Star girl," Mary said as she pulled the youngest member of the squad into her arms.

Evie's celebration was interrupted when Callum called her over to be interviewed. She didn't really want to, all she wanted was to celebrate with her friends but media was part of the job.

"Congratulations Evie! Brilliant result for the squad," the woman said.

"Thank you! It was a great game and a great result. We worked as a team and you can't really ask for anything more!" Evie shouted in response to be heard over the crowd.

"We wanted to award you with our Visa player of the match. You were absolutely outstanding and I don't think anyone will argue it should've gone to anyone else."

She was handed a rather impressive trophy which she admired as the woman carried on speaking.

Evie knew it might've been a bit rude but Sweet Caroline had come on and there was no way she was going to miss it. Putting the mic down on the table, she ran back to the girls and bounced up and down, screaming her lungs out and taking it all in.

This was her first major tournament; she was going to live every second.

They walked around the pitch, high on life, eventually reaching their friends and family. The first people Evie spotted were Cole and Isla. She was so happy that she'd given them the chance to come and the beam on Isla's face made it even more rewarding.

"Not much has changed has it. Still showing everyone up," Cole laughed, the beam on his face identical to the one he had as a child.

"What can I say? Consistency is key," Evie responded with a giggle.

"You were amazing," Isla said, her gappy teeth showing in her wide smile.

"Thank you! You could be doing that one day."

"Really?"

"Yeah. From what I hear, you're a very good player all ready."

They chatted for a while longer before Isla began to flag and they needed to head home.

"Thank you so much for this. You have no idea how happy you've made her," Cole said, Isla on his hip.

"I'm proud of ya man," he added.