I love every bit of you

The next few days consisted of a major battle to eat (a battle she was winning), lots of the girls coming and visiting, and sleeping.

They were managing to cheer her up and despite it being slightly overwhelming, Evie was grateful to them all for being there. The doctor's had promised that it wouldn't be long until she could go home and for some reason this scared her. What if she went home and she got worse again? What then?

Katie had made her laugh by bringing the 'I ate my lunch today' stickers that you got in primary school and sticking one on her jumper. She did this every time she visited and then gave the packet to Leah to keep the joke running. It was nice to have that support and even though it was only for comedy effect, Evie loved it.

Today was the 19th of March and after a while in the hospital, they decided that she was strong enough to go home. She'd been progressing with her eating. It was hard but she was determined to not let it defeat her. Evie was now signed up for regular therapy sessions and she knew it was for the best. This was the best path for recovery.

Leah took her home, all smiley and glad to have her friend back.

"It's been really quiet without you," she said as she carried Evie's stuff inside.

"You had a tidy up," Evie laughed when she noticed how neat everything looked.

"Had to do something," Leah replied, not even joking.

Evie went through and sat herself down on the sofa while Leah made them both something to drink. She just sat and took it in. Suddenly her recovery seemed very daunting. What if she didn't get better? What if she let Leah down?

This overwhelmed her and through her emotion, she ended up sliding off the sofa and into a ball on the floor. She wished the ground would swallow her up.

She was hyperventilating and crying hysterically. This was so big. People were expecting her to get better. She was putting on the show of being alright but she was terrified. She felt sick.

"Here we-," Leah began to say before she noticed what had happened. She set the glasses down before walking over to the little girl. Without saying a word, she moved the coffee table and lay down next to her. It was always going to be tough coming home. There weren't doctors constantly monitoring her well being but now Leah was going to do everything she could to help her improve.

"No go away. I don't deserve your help," Evie sobbed, pushing her arms away. Leah took no notice and once again tried to pull her into the safety of her arms. Evie carried on trying to push her away.

"Hey. I just want to help. I'm always here for you kiddo. You deserve the world and I'm going to try and give it to you," Leah said calmly, finally getting her into her arms. Now she didn't fight it and she just wept.

"I-I-I'm s-sorry," Evie stuttered. She felt bad that Leah was having to deal with everything.

"Don't be sorry. I want to help you baby. I've wanted to help you since the minute I met you."

"B-but I cause s-so much has-hassle."

"No you don't. I love every bit of you kiddo. From the person who makes me cry with laughter to the struggling little girl. Every bit of you deserves to be loved, okay?"

Evie was looking up at her, her eyes glistening with tears.

"I love you, Le," she said before nestling her head on her shoulder.

***

Arsenal were playing Wolfsburg for the quarter final of the Champions League. For the first time in days, Evie dragged herself out the house and went along to watch. She was building up her strength. It had been difficult but she was doing it. She'd managed to eat most of every single meal and if she kept progressing this quickly, she'd be back to training very soon.