We've got a plane to catch

Today they were playing Spurs at the Emirates. The title pressure was on. They couldn't lose today. Chelsea were looking likely but a win today meant the outcome would be pushed to the final day of the season.

"Wouldn't be a match day if you didn't megs me in the warmup," Steph laughed as Evie sent the ball across the middle of the rondo.

"Can't stop the tradition now," she replied.

Once the game had kicked off, they fought hard. It was the North London derby, a game they always wanted to win. It also meant that the Evie vs Ashleigh Neville show down was back on.

After four minutes, Evie won the first battle of the game. She chested down a long pass from Steph before chopping in and out, sending Ashleigh Neville completely the wrong way. Now with a few yards of space, Evie had time to pick out the perfect pass. Beth was running at the far post and she whipped it in.

Beth controlled it before hammering it into the back of the net.

"Bosh!" Evie yelled, leaping into her arms.

"Bosh indeed!"

It was a nice battle between the two teams. They were all playing nice football and trying to match the other. Evie was owning Ashleigh Neville much to her joy. She'd so far managed to megs her twice, out run her five times and skill her up eight times.

The whistle went for half time and after a team talk, they were back out.

In the 70th minute, a ground pass from Viv went through the whole Spurs defence and found Caitlin's foot. She poked it over the line. 2-0. Get in there.

A poor foul from one of the Tottenham players on Lia left them all raging. Katie was fuming the most, an anger that was fuelled harder when she got shoved in the chest. Kim was restraining her and then Leah hopped into argue, Evie by her side.

"Absolutely fucking ridiculous challenge," Evie shouted at the referee.

"Oh calm down," the Spurs player spat.

"Don't tell me to fucking calm down!" Evie shouted.

"You're the one playing dirty," Leah said. She was fuming and was having a stern word with the ref.

They were all shouting at each other and things were a bit out of control. Kim and Steph were still trying to get Katie calm and Viv was attempting to bring Evie and Leah out of their angry head spaces.

All of them were beefing and it took a good few minutes for the ref to get them all to go away so she could speak to Katie and two of the Spurs players separately.

Once the tension was mostly resolved, the game resumed, even more fiery than before.

"If you touch me one more time, I swear to fuck-," Evie began to shout before Lia had two hands on her shoulders and was pulling her away. She'd been completely sent to the floor and it was beginning to become frustrating.

Just under ten minutes from the end, Caitlin scored her second, a beautiful curling shot, to all the Arsenal player's delight. Spurs couldn't pull back now. No way.

When the final whistle went they all filled with relief. They hadn't missed out on the league yet. It was still possible.

***

Arsenal football had finished for the season. Despite beating West Ham on the final day of the season they hadn't won the league. Chelsea had managed to pull it and they were all gutted. They ended the game vs West Ham feeling defeated. Even Evie's beautiful curling goal couldn't cheer them up.

After a final few training sessions, they had some time off before the upcoming Euros. Tomorrow, Leah and Evie were heading to the airport to meet Keira, Lucy and Ellie.