What's wrong with gingers?

Leah headed down the next morning and wasn't surprised to find four teenagers fast asleep on her living room floor.

"Morning girls," she said quietly. No one stirred. She tried again. Still fast asleep.

She knew it was mean but she needed them to get up and start getting ready for camp.

"Ah!" Ava shouted as she sat bolt upright. The bright light had made her jump and her sudden sitting up began to stir the others.

"Sorry," Leah apologised, "I just need you all to be up because we need to leave in an hour."

"An hour?!" Evie groaned, flopping back onto the floor. She was exhausted.

It took extreme encouragement but eventually they were all packed into the car and off up to St George's Park.

***

U17s camp was amazing. Evie loved it. 16 teenage girls all together in one space left for great hilarity. Their training was good fun and Evie could feel that she was heading towards full fitness.

She was streaks ahead of the rest of them and outplayed them all from minute 1. None of them minded though- if she did it in training, she could do it in matches.

All of them were sat in a circle one evening, playing truth or dare.

"Who was the last person you kissed?" Sophie asked Yas.

"What like proper kissed? I think it was this boy at school. He was a ginger. Wouldn't tap that again," she replied making them all laugh.

"What's wrong with gingers?" Sadie asked in a tone of fake offence.

"Alright Evie, truth or dare?" Yas said, moving it on. She thought about it. There was a lot she didn't want to share so she went with dare.

They all thought for a little bit, trying to decide what would be a good one.

"Call someone and only reply with yes or no for as long as possible," Taliah said, the rest of them nodding as it was a good idea.

"Who should I call?"

"Jonas," Maisy laughed.

"No way."

"Leah?" Poppy suggested. Evie knew she'd pick up so called her straight away, all of them sat round listening.

"You alright kiddo?" Leah's voice asked.

"Yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

"Nothing wrong?"

"No."

"Why'd you call?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god stop being so annoying."

"No."

At this point they were all laughing at Leah's annoyed reaction. She figured that something must be going on.

"Evie remember that time that you thought Meryl Streep wa-," she began to say before Evie hung up. No way did she want her team mates to hear that story. She'd never live it down.

They did a few more rounds, a couple of highlights being Bella asking Paul for a selfie and Ellie doing a shot of ketchup.

The next day was time for their game at Wealdstone. They were playing Germany and it was set to be quite difficult. Germany were a strong side but they also knew that they could out play them if they all worked together.