Orphan

Lupin and Tonks helped us off the bus with their luggage, then got off to say goodbye.

'You'll be safe once you're in the grounds,' said Tonks 'Have a good term, OK?'

'Look after yourselves,' said Lupin, shaking hands all round and reaching Harry last. We struggled up the slippery drive towards the castle, dragging our trunks.

January was quick and reasonably quiet ...

Valentines day was chill. Me and Fred went for a nice meal before play fighting like normal. 

tim

We entered the great hall noticing the golden trio looking at the hour glass

'Noticed, have you?' said Fred .

'Malfoy just docked us all about fifty points,' said Harry furiously,

'Yeah, Montague tried to do us during break,' I said annoyedly.

'What do you mean, "tried"?' said Ron quickly.

'He never managed to get all the words out,' said Fred, 'due to the fact that we forced him head-first into that Vanishing Cabinet on the first floor.' Hermione looked very shocked.

'But you'll get into terrible trouble!'

'Not until Montague reappears, and that could take weeks, I dunno where we sent him,' said Fred coolly. 'Anyway ... we've decided we don't care about getting into trouble any more.' 'Have you ever?' asked Hermione.

'Course we have,' said George. 'Never been expelled, have we?'

'We've always known where to draw the line,' said Fred.

'We might have put a toe across it occasionally,' said George.

'But we've always stopped short of causing real mayhem,' said Fred.

'But now?' said Ron tentatively.

'Well, now –' said George

. '– what with Dumbledore gone –' said Fred.

'– we reckon a bit of mayhem –' said George.

'– is exactly what our dear new Head deserves,' said Fred.

'You mustn't!' whispered Hermione. 'You really mustn't! She'd love a reason to expel you!' 'You don't get it, Hermione, do you?' said Fred, smiling at her. 'We don't care about staying any more. We'd walk out right now if we weren't determined to do our bit for Dumbledore first. So, anyway,' he checked his watch, 'phase one is about to begin."

" I'd get in the Great Hall for lunch, if I were you, that way the teachers will see you can't have had anything to do with it.' i smiled sweetly

'Anything to do with what?' said Hermione anxiously. 'You'll see,' said George. 'Run along, now.' we turned away and disappeared into the swelling crowd descending the stairs towards lunch.

Fred and George were heroes that night in the Gryffindor common room. Even Hermione fought her way through the excited crowd to congratulate them. 'They were wonderful fireworks,' she said admiringly. 'Thanks,' said George, looking both surprised and pleased. 'Weasleys' Wildfire Whiz-bangs. Only thing is, we used our whole stock; we're going to have to start again from scratch now.' 'It was worth it, though,' said Fred, who was taking orders from clamouring Gryffindors.

'What sort of diversion is it?' asked Ron. 'You'll see, little bro',' said Fred, as he and George got up again. 'At least, you will if you trot along to Gregory the Smarmy's corridor round about five o'clock tomorrow.' (write about the diversion that you didnt know about)