Clean Clean CLEAN

Next Morning in the drawing room

Mrs Weasley ,Hermione , me and the twins  all had tied a cloth around our mouth and nose. Each of us was also holding a large bottle of black liquid with a nozzle at the end. 'Cover your faces and take a spray,' Mrs Weasley said to Harry and Ron the moment she saw them 'It's Doxycide. I've never seen an infestation this bad – what that house-elf's been doing for the last ten years –'

. 'Kreacher's really old, he probably couldn't manage –' Hermione begun

'You'd be surprised what Kreacher can manage when he wants to, Hermione,' said Dad ,carrying a bag of dead rats. 'I've just been feeding Buckbeak,' he added 'I keep him upstairs in my mother's bedroom. Anyway ... this writing desk ...'

'Well, Molly, I'm pretty sure this is a Boggart,' said Sirius, peering through the keyhole, 'but perhaps we ought to let Mad-Eye have a shufti at it before we let it out – knowing my mother, it could be something much worse.'

'Right you are, Sirius,' said Mrs Weasley.. A loud, clanging bell sounded from downstairs, followed at once by the cacophony of screams and wails 'I keep telling them not to ring the doorbell!' said Sirius exasperatedly, hurrying out of the room.

'Close the door, please, Harry,' said Mrs Weasley.

'Right, you lot, you need to be careful, because Doxys bite and their teeth are poisonous. I've got a bottle of antidote here, but I'd rather nobody needed it.' She straightened up, positioned herself squarely in front of the curtains and beckoned them all forward. 'When I say the word, start spraying immediately,' she said. 'They'll come flying out at us, I expect, but it says on the sprays one good squirt will paralyse them. When they're immobilised, just throw them in this bucket.' She stepped carefully out of their line of fire, and raised her own spray. 'All right – squirt!'

'Fred, what are you doing?' said Mrs Weasley sharply. 'Spray that at once and throw it away!' Fred was holding a struggling Doxy between his forefinger and thumb as i shuck my head trying to hide my amusement.

'Right-o,' Fred said brightly, spraying the Doxy quickly in the face so that it fainted, but the moment Mrs Weasley's back was turned he pocketed it with a wink.

'We want to experiment with Doxy venom for our Skiving Snackboxes,' George told Harry under his breath.

'What are Skiving Snackboxes?'

'Range of sweets to make you ill,' George whispered, keeping a wary eye on Mrs Weasley's back.

'Not seriously ill, mind, just ill enough to get you out of a class when you feel like it. Fred and I have been developing them this summer. They're double-ended, colour-coded chews. If you eat the orange half of the Puking Pastilles, you throw up. Moment you've been rushed out of the lesson for the hospital wing, you swallow the purple half –'

'"– which restores you to full fitness, enabling you to pursue the leisure activity of your own choice during an hour that would otherwise have been devoted to unprofitable boredom." 'That's what we're putting in the adverts, anyway,' whispered Fred, who was picking more Doxys up out of view line from Mrs Weasley , even shoving some in my pocket as i cringed

"Really?" i asked as Fred was obviously grinning i could tell from his eyes

"I love you,"

"I love you too..." i mumbled utterly defeated

. 'But they still need a bit of work. At the moment our testers are having a bit of trouble stopping themselves puking long enough to swallow the purple end.'

'Testers?'

'Us,' said Fred. 'We take it in turns. George did the Fainting Fancies – we both tried the Nosebleed Nougat –'