Though not being able to find the man she was looking for, she did manage to spot another figure from the town. Squinting her eyes slightly, she stared at the silhouette, trying to make out their shapes. Yet, as it came closer at a rapid speed, her eyes widened, an unconscious smile climbing onto her face.

Looking down at the company of dwarves quickly, she took off running to the far right side of the gate, knowing no one could see her. Leaning forward, she extended her arm off the railing, inviting the figure in. With a loud shriek, the owl landed on her owner's hand, gently climbing up to rest on her shoulder.

"Shhh," Raewyn whispered, laughing silently as she sat down, her back resting against the mountain. "I missed you as well. Where have you been?"

Farris merely seated herself in Raewyn's lap, hopping towards the belt looped around Raewyn's waist.

"I don't have anything on me," The ranger mumbled, running her hand on top of the owl's head briefly, before finding a scar on her left wing. One that had not been there earlier. "Where did you get this?"

Attached to one of her claws, there was a single, small parchment, not sealed properly, therefore obviously made in a rush. With a confused look, she grabbed the paper, unfolding it. As she scanned over the first few letters, she sighed in humor.

"Nice of him to finally send me something." She whispered to the owl, who was still picking at the belt, hoping to find something to eat.

While Raewyn busied herself with Gandalf's letter,  Farris continued to rummage through the tiny pouches on the ranger's belt, trying to find some meat, even after her owner explicitly told her there was nothing on her.

As her head now nearly squeezed into the pockets, Farris' beak came into contact with something. Opening up, she bit down harshly, immediately retreating her head upon the cold and metal object.

"That is not for you," Raewyn scolded, tearing her eyes from the parchment. She reached down into the pouch, holding the tiny object between her fingers as she made sure there was no damage done to it.

"You should deem yourself lucky," She warned the owl as she returned the object. "If there was as much as a scratch on this, you can make me a new one."

Farris only turned her head upon the words, the gesture causing Raewyn to laugh shortly, humored by the tilted head of her companion.

"Turn your head any more and you shall consider the world upside down." She whispered, returning to the letter.

Farris, however, was having none of it, returning to the same pouch. Absentmindedly, Raewyn put her hand on top of it, shielding the fabric from Farris' futile attempts to break it open.

"Stop it." She mumbled, still not sparing a second look towards the owl, who - unfortunately - did not stop.

With much more intent, Farris now attacked the belt, knowing there was something in there, food or not. She picked at Raewyn's hand, which refused to move. As Farris picked once more, a small part of the ranger's finger began to bleed, causing the owl to retreat immediately.

"Farris..." She scolded, frowning as she read the words on the paper.

Standing up with a heavy sigh, she folded the paper again, stuffing it in the pouch that Farris had so desperately tried to open.

"This is ill news," The Asha voiced, looking towards the far mountains in the distance. "And you, young lady," She tried to distract, staring at the owl who had found her spot on the railing. "Need to stop mutilating my hands when you don't get what you want."

Wiping off the small speck of blood, she turned around to face the gate.

"Screw Thorin," She finally voiced. "Screw him, and screw his stupid throne. His stubbornness and ego will be his downfall."