As that creeping fear began to rise, Smaug suddenly formed a higher stance, now glaring at both her and Thorin. Thorin, however, did not notice the ranger. And she could tell he was not ignoring her; he genuinely could not see her. She wanted to shout, try to gain his attention, but once more, she appeared frozen.

She could see the dragon inhaling sharply. Long had she waited to see it happen, but now that she stood in front of him, she would have appreciated if Smaug was not trying to burn the Asha. Be that as it may, small flames erupted from his nose, his eyes demanding and looking down in anger upon the dwarf. Before she could try to move again, a searing hot feeling fell over her. It seemed as if time slowed, stinging pain forming on her legs only seconds later, as if her nerves were delayed. An agonizing scream erupted from her throat as the pain began to spread throughout her entire body, her clothes clinging to her body as the warmth nearly made her collapse. But she could still not move. In an attempt to get rid of the pain, she squeezed her eyes shut, wishing to wake up from a terrible dream.

And wake up she did, but it was nowhere near pleasant. Her skin still felt as if it was burning, her legs stinging terribly as if a rope had tied around them, trying to squeeze them off. Her eyes got used to the light around her, the sun shining through the windows. Someone hung over her as a cold rag was wiped over her face. With a few more blinks, she regained her sight, looking up at a dwarf she had not expected to see at all. Instead of Kili, or perhaps even Fili, Oin hung over the Asha, his brows furrowed in concentration as he studied her reactions.

With a pained grunt, she pushed him off of her, trying her best to sit upright.

"Easy, lass," The older dwarf tried to soothe, picking up the rag that fell off with her movements. His voice was louder than she would have preferred, but the poor dwarf was close to being deaf; she truly could not blame him. Yet, she squinted her eyes at the sudden noise.

On the other side of her bed, she could see Kili talk to his brother, obviously distressed, his voice low, as if he did not want anyone to hear him.

"Yer burning up. Are you feeling nauseous?" Oin resumed.

Raewyn merely shook her head at him, already preparing to stand up. She swung her legs off of the bed, her feet not yet touching the ground. Before she could touch the wood, the old dwarf interrupted her.

"What's that?"

The ranger followed his finger, which was pointing towards her blankets. A large, black spot had formed in them, the color seeping into the mattress. As she went to touch it, she noticed it was a liquid; half of it dried, half of it pooled on top of it.

"Oh, no." She mumbled, looking down at her leg, where the same black liquid began to pool down, her bandages nowhere near their earlier white now.

"I thought you said it was only a cut!" She could hear Fili gasp, who now ran up to her.

The blonde stopped in his tracks as he too noticed the blood on the bed. Kili walked up behind him, his eyes widening upon the sight.

"Kili!" Raewyn accused, her voice hoarse, yet visibly angry.

"He had to know!" The dwarf shot back.

"Lass, ye should lie down." Oin interrupted, reaching towards the ranger.

"I'm fine," She scoffed, settling her arms down beside her as she prepared to push herself up.

"Will you stop saying that?" Kili scolded, running up to her as he grabbed her shoulder, pushing her down before she could touch the floor.

"You cannot face Smaug like this!" Fili justified, standing beside the two dwarves in front of Raewyn.

"She is not going to," Kili shook off. "Thorin gave us permission to leave for Rivendell so she could get proper treatment for her wound."