A sudden tug on his 'cover' rips him out of his thoughts, his fight or flight instinct kicking in. Before either of the two could register it, the hobbit wrestled himself out of his bindings, reaching for his sword. Swiftly, he knocks the spider's head off of its body, sending it flying down. As the creature's body followed its head, Bilbo sneaked behind a tree, now reaching for the ring he had found in the Goblin Tunnels earlier.

Hesitation filled him as he reached to put the jewelry on. Yet, when he saw another spider approaching him, he rendered himself in little choice, putting on the gold piece.

"Kill them. Kill them....." One spider hissed.

"Eat them now." The second followed, looming over one of the dwarves.

"Their hide is tough." The first one resumed, walking towards Raewyn, who had been hung upside down. Bilbo shuddered at the sight, clinging his sword tightly. "There is good juice inside."

"Stick it again! Stick it again! Finish it off!"

The creatures now formed a circle around one wrapped dwarf, ready to attack, but the dwarf kicked.

"Ahh!" The second spider exclaimed. "The meat's alive and kicking!"

"Kill them! Kill them now! Let us feast!"

The other five spiders joined in the chant, simultaneously calling 'feast' continuously. And that was enough for Bilbo to break up the party.

Holding his sword in front of him, he approaches the crowd, cutting down the first spider, before ducking under an impending one, stabbing it in its guts. Before any of the spiders can notice him, Bilbo throws a piece of wood into the woods, hoping to draw the attention of the creatures.

And to his luck; it did. All but one left for the noise, calling incoherent phrases.

"Fat and juicy. Just a little taste." The lingering spider spoke, her body hunched over Bombur.

Bilbo sneaks up on her, striking her on her rear with his sword. The spider hisses in response, turning around to face the one who dared harm her, but found nothing. The hobbit, however, did not yield, repeating his slashing against the creature.

"Curses! Where is it? Where is it?!"

Answering her question, he takes the ring of proudly, delivering a fatal blow to the spider's head.

"Here."

"It stings! Stings!" The creature protested, before falling down the trees, dead on impact.

"Sting." Bilbo smiled. "That's a good name."

When he was sure the spiders had left for the moment, Bilbo went to cutting down his friends, letting them struggle to get out themselves. It wasn't until he finally cut down Raewyn that he lowered himself onto the ground too.

"Where's Bilbo?" Bofur yells, half-awake, yet enough to process his surroundings.

"I'm here!" The hobbit in question answered, helping Raewyn out of her bindings. But something about her seemed off. From the way her eyes looked to how she barely made any effort to get out of the cobwebs.

Just then, a spider jumps at Bilbo from behind him, pushing him onto Raewyn, the creature squeezing both him and the ranger. Bilbo struggled under its hold, his sword not placed conveniently enough for him to kill the spider.

"Raewyn!" He urged, pleading for her to grab his sword. But it seemed as if her body had frozen up entirely. And if she was honest, she still had no idea on how to process any of this happening. All she could do was stare at the one thing that was about to kill both her and Bilbo. Had it been any other circumstance, she would have cut off the creature's head before it could blink, but somehow, she just could not bring herself to move. Not even to lift her finger.