"How close is the pack?" Dwalin asked, upon seeing Bilbo return to the group.

The hobbit had been sent to make sure the grounds they were trespassing were safe. Raewyn had ordered Thorin to keep Bilbo near the dwarves, but - unsurprisingly - he had ignored her words, claiming this had been one of the reasons Bilbo joined the journey. Of course, she knew that wasn't the case and he was purely sent out because he was lighter on his feet, but she did not say anything about it. Not after Gandalf had shot her a warning look.

"Too close." Bilbo panted, out of breath, before looking towards Raewyn, who had given him a frown at the revelation. "A couple of leagues, no more, but that is not the worst of it."

"Have the Wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin ignored, now interrogating the smaller creature.

"Not yet, but they will." The hobbit continued. "We have another problem."

"Did they see you? They saw you!" Gandalf accused, to which Raewyn sighed, rolling her eyes.

"No, that's not it." Bilbo stammered, looking over to the ranger, silently asking her for help. The gesture went unnoticed by Gandalf, who proudly turned to the company, poiting towards the hobbit.

"What did I tell you?" He began. "Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material."

The dwarves chuckle loudly in appreciation of Bilbo. Bilbo looks exasperated, letting out a groan as he cleared his throat, trying to get himself to speak up. Raewyn, however was quicker, standing up from her seat, using Fili, who happened to sit next to her, as support.

"Shut up!" She exclaimed, drawing the attention of all the dwarves, who simultaneously silenced their cheers.

"Thank- thank you, Raewyn." Bilbo stuttered, sending a grateful nod to the ranger, who merely offered him a small smile.

"I'm trying to tell you there is something else out there."

And that seemed to cause some form of both worry and confusion to run through the company. Gandalf frowned, looking down at the hobbit, his eyes stern, as if staring into Bilbo's soul.

"What form did it take? Like a bear?"

"Ye..." Bilbo answered, but he quickly cut himself off, giving the wizard a look of astonishment. "Y-yes. But bigger, much bigger."

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur whispered to Gandalf, who turned around, taking a few steps back to have a good view over the dwarves.

"I say we double back." The hatted dwarf proposed.

"And be run down by a pack of Orcs." Thorin spoke solemly, to which Raewyn could do nothing but silently agree.

"There is a house, it's not far from here, where we might take refuge." Gandalf tried to convince.

"Whose house?" Thorin asked, stepping up to the grey pilgrim. "Are they friend or foe?"

"Neither." The wizard answered honestly, looking down. "He will help us, or he will kill us."

At the revelation, the dwarves look at each other in dismay, grunts of uncertainty heard throughout the air. Bilbo had made his way back to Raewyn, giving her a worried stare, not liking Gandalf's words.

"Do you know whose house he speaks about?" He mumbled, leaning towards Raewyn. Fili and Kili now turned towards the Asha too, their eyes full of expectation, but all she could do was shake her head.

"I wish I did." She revealed. "For I do not like the odds we are given."

"What choice do we have?" Thorin intervered, making the decision for the group.