"Is it true that the Clan of Six used to protect the Shire?" He wondered aloud. "Aye," Raewyn answered with a smile, "there are no creatures worth protecting more than hobbits."

"And are you truly the daughter of Raegon Asha, leader of the clan?" The woman winced at the title, but responded nonetheless. "Yes, Raegon was my father, but he was not the leader of us. Ashas are all equal. I had just as much to say as my father did."

"Does your armour truly come from the Western sea?" The hobbit continued asking, making Raewyn laugh. "No! Where do these stories about the Western sea come from? Our armor is forged from the mountains, just as any other is." She looked a Bilbo, tilting her head slightly.

"You're talking about my family as if we are legends."

"But you are!" The hobbit defended. "Everyone in the Shire knows of the tale of the Clan of Six! How they slaughtered orcs on our borders, how they fought at the battle of the Mines or Moria, how they-" "You already knew the story Balin was telling you?" Raewyn interrupted, smirking at the creature. Bilbo's ears turned slightly red as he looked down at the floor.

"Well....maybe a little, but not from the perspective of the dwarves!" The hobbit justified.

After a moment of silence, he looked back up, staring towards the dwarves in the cave, who were now burying a chest. "Why didn't Balin mention your father?" Bilbo asked quietly, almost feeling as if he had crossed a boundary.

"They don't really like him anymore." The woman explained easily, though her eyes held a look of hurt. "And since he died, they shoved that hate onto me." Bilbo's face saddened at her confession. "That's not fair." He said, trying to defend Raewyn. "You did nothing wrong!"

"Well....." The woman pondered, her mind bringing up distant memories.

"Bilbo." Gandalf suddenly spoke up, holding up a big dagger. "Here. This is about your size." The hobbit inspected the weapon, but shook his head.

"I-I can't take this."

"The blade is of Elvish make, which means it will glow blue when orcs or goblins are nearby." The wizard explained, shoving the blade into Bilbo's hands.

"I have...I have never used a sword in my life." He argued, his hands clumsily grasping onto the hilt of the dagger.

"And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: true courage is about knowing not when to take a life, but when to spare one." The pilgrim spoke wisely, his attention now directed towards Raewyn. He opened one of his hands towards her, holding up a small, yet heavy object. The woman jumped off of the boulder and walked towards the wizard, inspecting the small object. It was round with marking on the side, an intricately carved 'A' shown proudly. When she spotted it, her breath got stuck in her throat, her hand hovering over the wizard's.

"It was in an empty chest." Gandalf explained, turning the woman's hand and letting the object fall into her hands.

"My father's bead....." Raewyn nearly whispered, her voice shaking. "How did they get this?"

Now it was Bilbo's turn to hop off the boulder, walking towards the woman, wanting to see the bead for himself too. When he saw it, Raewyn quickly brushed the dust off, the bead not yet shining, but the carvings more visible than earlier.

"It's beautiful." Bilbo gaped, having never properly seen a dwarven bead before.

"Something's coming!" Thorin interrupted, his sword now held high. Raewyn quickly put the bead in her pocket, grabbing her bow and nocking one arrow. She stepped in front of Bilbo, who was struggling to draw his dagger.