Bonus Chapter 1

"You said we were going on a date, Shaz

"You said we were going on a date, Shaz." Ayat complained when I steered her away from the door and back in the direction of the house.

"We are." I simply replied and reached into my back pocket, pulled out a black cloth I'd found, and brought it in front of her eyes. She gasped as I tied the knot behind her head, her fingers reaching up to touch the silk.

"What are you doing?"

"Trust me, baby." I put my hands on her hips and guided her forward, into the direction of the back door that led out into the lawn.

"You made me dress up, Shahzad. This better not go in vain." She pointed a finger behind her in warning, barely missing my nose as she did. I laughed and kissed the back of her head as I pushed the door open. She shivered when the cold air hit her arms, covered only half in the flowy sleeves of her red dress.

The red dress I fucking loved so much on her.

"Mind the step." I told her and held onto her hands now, carefully coming to stand in front of her to guide her down.

She still tripped.

"Shaz!" She screeched, making me laugh once again. Not like I'd let her fall and I'd already caught her when she stumbled, her hands flailing wildly in the air.

"Why did you blindfold me when you can't even guide me properly, Mr. Shahzad?" She grumbled, probably not realizing she was talking right into my white shirt. I didn't even care about the red lipstick stain that printed on it, right above my heart.

"Did I let you fall? No, right? Stop complaining now." She reached behind her as if to untie the blindfold. "Don't you dare, Ayat. Don't you dare."

"I hate you."

"You don't, but keep telling yourself that. And be careful of what you say, princess. You're still in my arms."

"Freaking hate you." Her inability to curse would always amuse me, especially because I cursed like a sailor- at least in my head now. She'd banned me from our room for two full days because she was tired of my cursing, said it 'made her ears bleed'.

"Walk now." I said when I'd turned her again, hands back on her hips and took her to the chair that I barely managed to pull out, controlling her hands that reached forward blindly, almost knocking down the glass.

She was so chaotic, you'd never even guess.

"I was looking forward to a fancy date, you know." She muttered when I sat her down on the chair and pushed it in.

"What date is fancier for you than the one I arrange myself? I even cooked!" I told her and pulled the knot loose behind her head, letting the cloth fall in her lap.

And when she gasped, I smirked arrogantly. I knew she would like it, if only she could stop complaining.

"You made all this?!" She asked, referring to the food, the cake, the glass vase of roses, and even the candles I couldn't resist lighting up for her.

She turned to look up at me. "Since when do you know how to bake?"

I shrugged. "YouTube videos don't take long to watch."

"Oh God." She mumbled and I immediately frowned when I saw her eyes filling up.

"Princess, what's wrong? Do you not like it?" I grabbed her hands as I knelt on the ground in front of her, watching a lone tear slip down.

"Of course, I do! I'd just- you did all this for me... I'm just getting emotional for no reason."

"I've done plenty of things for you in the past year, Ayat. Why are you crying now?"

"Because you learned how to bake a cake for me!"

I laughed and wiped her tears with my thumb, careful of her makeup because I knew she'd really put some effort in it. But I couldn't help and kiss her cheek before I stood up. "That is nothing compared to everything else I've done for you, baby. I've literally killed for you."

"Don't remind me, Shaz. Don't you dare bring it up again. I'll strangle you." She raised her finger in warning again. I couldn't even take her seriously when her face was still red from crying.

Yet, I raised my hands in surrender as I walked to the chair across from her. "Okay, I'll never bring it up again. Promise."

And the second I sat down, I realized I forgot the most important thing. I stood up again and came to stand behind her, one hand on her shoulder as I dug into my pocket for the knife I'd forgotten to set on the table and presented it to her.

"You were carrying the knife in your pocket." She deadpanned but took the ribbon-wrappef knife from me.

"Old habits die hard? And it's a butter knife, princess. Now cut your cake." It was her birthday and as much as I would have liked to say that she was only finding it out now after I surprised her, that wasn't true.

She really would have wrung my neck if I hadn't wished her at midnight exactly, followed by a small cupcake she'd cut and been nice enough to share half with me, then... We both only got to sleep at three because she'd pounced on me, batted her lashes at me, and I couldn't resist her seductive nails scraping against my bare skin.

I leaned down, both hands on her shoulders and slowly whispered the birthday song in her ear as she cut the cake. I might even have smirked when she shuddered.

"Don't do that."

"Do what?" I whispered again, deeper this time as I peered down at her through my lashes, grinning lazily.

"I think you need to be taken to bed, Shaz."

"Mhm, later. We can end the night like that. But for now..." I reached forward and took the cake slice she'd just cut and brought it to her lips, staring intently at the cream smudged on the corner of her mouth.

I kissed it away.

"Behave." She warned once again, and I ignored her completely as I finally took my seat and served her food before I put some in my own plate.

Just moments later, I found myself pushing the food around in the plate instead of eating it. There were still times where I regretted what I'd done to her. Still times where I looked at her once and knew she deserved better. But I didn't want her to be with someone else.

"What are you thinking?" She asked, certainly having sensed my thoughts like she did every time. I didn't understand how she always knew how I was feeling.

"I'm glad you exist, princess. I really am."

She grinned. "I'm kind of awesome, aren't I?"

I patted her hand across the table. "You are." Then I laced our fingers together, mindlessly toying with the ring on her finger. The ring of my name.

"And I'm kinda glad you're mine."

-

(A.N): He says he's "kind of" glad she's his like he can even live without her *rolls eyes*.

Here's a bonus chapter because I promised it to one of you!

What if Shaz and Ayat had a baby? What would be the gender and name? Gimme suggestions and I might as well write another bonus for you all ;)

Till then, I love you all <3