IV

*****Artemis' POV*****

After fully preparing myself mentally to meet with Hyacenthis, I go to my closet and realize all of my normal attire is gone. It is fully restored with beautifully embellished dresses, heels that I couldn't even imagine walking in, and body hugging shirts and pants. 'Josephine' I curse in the back of my mind. Of course she would take all of my comfortable clothes to make me seem more 'desirable', I roll my eyes and grabbed the new riding clothes she added and started getting dressed. I found a tight white riding shirt, black leather pants that accentuate the curves I barely have, and some black leather boots with our family crest on the buckle to match, I then tied my hair into a dutch braid, and spray some perfume but not too much. Once I give myself a lookover in my vanity mirror, I walk out of my bedquarters doors.

    I see Hyacinthus in the distance as I walk towards our royal mews, I start jogging to get to him a little quicker.

"Hello!" Hyacinthus smiles brightly as I breathlessly make it to him.

"H-hi." I try to catch my breath, you would think I would be getting into better shake with my training with Leah.

"So I was thinking," Hyacinthus walks over to me, helping me out of my bent over state, "I've heard your horse has the best gait in all of your kingdom. I would love to test this." I see an overachieving smile begin to spread over his lips.

"Oh?" I smirk, I never have an issue with some playful competition.

"Mhm." Hyacinthus walks into a stable, pulling out a beautiful purebred mustang with beautiful brown and white paint coloring, and stunning blue eyes. "This is Lucefin, he's been my main horse for quite some time now. Have gone through several battles together." Hy strokes the beautiful horse maine, the horse responds by getting closer to him. A beautiful man, with a beautiful horse, what could make this moment any better?

"I assume you've already met Dahlia?" I questioned, going into Dahlia's stable smiling at my pride and joy. "Hi baby girl," I walk to her kissing her on the top of her muzzle, she huffs in a response. I pull her from the stable by her leather reins that had silver encrusted into it that were diamond shaped, and look over at Hyacinthus' face, which has a cocky look to it.

"Mhm, look Luce, this is your competition. No funny business." he clicks his tongue at the animal, shaking his finger as well. Dahlia tail raises looking at Luce, and squeals a vibrant shriek. I mount onto her effortlessly and stare down at Hyacinthus.

"You know what they say about horses raising their tails..." I look between Hyacinthus and Luce.

"What's that?" Hy chuckles, oblivious to his horses' mating cue.

"Oh, nothing. They're just excited." I giggle, and as if on cue Dahlia gallops away.

"Hey!" I hear Hyacinthus struggle to get on his horse,

I laugh breathlessly as the wind hits my face and more than likely is ruining my hair. This is the only time I could care less about my appearance, all I care about is the scenery I am seeing, and my beautiful horse I have the privilege of riding every day.

I finally make it to the main field I like to ride at and see a blanket sprawled out on the ground with a beautiful array of food in a basket. I hear Hyacinthus riding up behind me,

"Hey, not cool! I wanted to see your face when you saw it." I can hear the disappointment in his voice. I lean over the gap between our horses and kiss his cheek. "I love it, thank you." I feel my cheeks turn a rose shade, and begin to dismount off of Dahlia.

"So what did you mean by 'They're just excited?" Hyacinthus raises an eyebrow at me following to tie the horses to a tree branch. I giggle looking to the ground,