two:﹙earthquake﹚

Start from the beginning

It played softly in the background, Y/n was wearing a tan turtleneck and jeans with her apron on rubbing down the table with a wet rag holding onto a spray bottle finishing the little things before working on the broken television, etc. 

"What do I tell my kids?" The man continued to go on "We can't help but think it's the incident or terrorism." 

Y/n stayed silent, mockingly rolling her eyes at the person since they didn't know what truthfully had happened. "True, but there's nothing to worry about." Trish Walker spoke on the other line of the radio, "The mayor's office confirmed this morning, it was a 4.6 magnitude earthquake...A shallow one, actually, centred in Hell's Kitchen" 

"I'm told seismologists are looking at a fault line on the Hudson," Trish continued to inform them, "to see if it could be the source of the problem...Jane from Brooklyn, you're on Trish Talk. What did feel like last night." 

Jane started to speak on the other line, "Not an earthquake, that's for sure." 

"Right. Brooklyn's outside the affected area." 

"No. I mean, whatever it was, you're reporting it wrong." 

Trish continued to speak, trying to keep the calm of her talk show. Y/n wasn't really paying attention anymore just wiping down the metal tables. "Look, I know it's easy to give into fear, but-" 

Scoffing on the other end of the phone. "I'm no conspiracy theorist. I'm a geologist" Y/n raised her head looking towards the radio. "Shallow earthquakes could be fifty miles at least. But whatever happened last night was only 300 feet deep-"

Creasing her eyebrows looking towards the radio, none of it was making sense when it came to this. Suddenly her line was cut, "Hello?" Trish's voice had called out. Y/n put the stuff on the metal table before rushing over to her phone that was on the counter. 

Shallow earthquakes are between 0 and 70 km deep; intermediate earthquakes, 70 - 300 km deep; and deep earthquakes, 300 - 700 km deep. In general, the term "deep-focus earthquakes" is applied to earthquakes deeper than 70 km.

The sound of the bell ringing on the door was heard, "We're closed" She spoke looking down towards the phone. 

"I hope so" Matt's voice rang through her ears. 

Putting on a smile resting in the corners of her mouth; feeling her face lighten up, puts her phone down on the counter. Looking over to see her boyfriend standing in his suit and tie. "Hey!" she exclaimed acting as if she wasn't worried nor questioning the matter of last night. 

Matt held onto his walking stick, "What are the chances you are walking this way?!" She finished holding out her hands making her way right in front of the man. "Coffee?" 

"Yea," He softly nodded gripping his walking stick tightly. 

Y/n glanced down at his knuckle bruises hands; her smile became forced before she kissed him connecting their lips. Matt moved his hand from the cane to his girlfriend's waist. The kiss was brought, with the feeling of comfort going through Y/n's stomach. 

She smiled in the kiss along with Matt, who seemed to be getting his mind off of something by kissing her roughly. Opened her eyes and pulled away, to look into his red-tinted glasses.

Holding onto the hairs on the back of his neck, pulling away Matt had held onto her waist. "Good, because I wanted to ask you how bad is it outside?" She spoke quickly nearing his mouth.

"Police everywhere, they almost stopped me coming through until they saw the stick and your keys" Matt muttered softly to her letting the girl go before she had made her way to go towards the back to make coffee.