Mo takes a deep breath, "us making noises in detention doesn't make us a band." She defends easily. "So we'll practice. You have real drums, right?" Stella questions Charlie whom nods with a yes. "See?" She whispers to Lee, "I didn't even know that." This made her chuckle a little.

"So, Zhen? Right?" Stella looks at him. He reads her lips before nodding slowly. "You can write our song for the Halloween Bash?" He looks at Charlie, Stella talked a bit too fast. He signs the question and this made Zhen put a thumbs up.

"Wait. We can't play at the bash. Mudslide Crush is playing." Mo said. "And we are opening for them." Her and Wen high five each other. "I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't wanna be some random face in a yearbook. Or a kid people vaguely recall passing in the halls."

This stuck with Zhen as he read on. He did feel like that. He was a random face a in a yearbook.

"Wen and I are in. Who's with us?"

"I'll give it a shot." Mo answered. "Really?" Stella smiles brightly, happy to hear this. "But only if everyone agrees. Just one practice. If it works, great. If not, I'm out." She explains. "All right." They look over at Olivia, Charlie, Zhen, and Lee.

"Come on, say you'll try. It'll be fun."

After Olivia agreed, Zhen raised his arm up a bit to say he was in on this. "Ugh. Why not." Lee sighs. They all stare at Charlie, whom was bringing a coin out of his pocket. "All right. Heads, we do it. Tails, we don't."

Zhen watched him flip the coin in amusement, joining heads with Charlie as they watched the coin flip. Charlie could hear Zhen's breathing and by the time he looked up, he was too close. "Heads!" Stella exclaims with excitement.

Zhen and Charlie were staring at each other while the others cheered, happy to try this out. Maybe it will be fun.

"Come on, Charlie. It's a simple four-four beat!" Stella exclaims at him. "You're not even trying. It's B to B-flat, back to B, then an F-sharp. Ready?"

So, it wasn't going good. Zhen could tell they were all arguing and doing bad. He was hoping he could finish the lyrics in time before anyone thought of quitting.

He thought of making a fun song, something to get in ease with the school. He decided to write a bunch of words that reminded him of fun. He ended up with dance floor, dance until you can't, you and me together.

So, this song could be about dancing your heart out?

He decided to do a speed writing as he saw the tension ease up more as Mo got up from her spot. He stands up, holding the notebook in the air to let them know he's finished with the song.

"You're done?" Lee asked him, Zhen nodding in response. Olivia takes the notebook, "Determinate." She reads on the top page. The group scans through the lyrics, "this is good, Zhen!" Stella exclaims.

Zhen smiles, signing a thank you. "Now we just need to find the beats. You guys ready?"

Lee taps on her keyboard, "are we? Are you? You've been nagging at us for so long." "Get use to it."

....

Charlie and Zhen stop by the lemonade stand, buying both him and Zhen a lemonade. They sat around the seats while Stella was asking for a band name. "What about Soul Groove?" Charlie recommends, easily getting turned down. "Uh...The Anarchists?" Stella asks. "No. What the hell is that? We aren't a cult." Lee spoke up.