6. Tears For Glassy Eyes

Death is inevitable. We all know it is. However, it doesn't make it any easier to watch someone pass away in front of one's eyes. The light that always made her eyes sparkle just went out with a switch of fate. Ten seconds - ten seconds is all it took for her to stop breathing. For her eyes to turn cold and glassy. She looked like a lifeless doll, with porcelain skin lying down peacefully against the marble floor. At least she went quietly.

Her breathing just stopped abruptly. She left me behind, struggling. Trying to add some life to the cold limbs that used to glide across the room so gracefully. Hoping that my streams of misery could land on her and bring her back to the land of the living. But nothing worked at all.

Her face was still void of any expression.

She had ascended to heaven, and turned earth into hell for me. So I suffered, and memories turned bittersweet. Teasing jokes and friendly banter. It all washed away with the receding tide that came for her soul. The pure radiant joy was diluted into a detached sense of despair - and the feeling that I took her for granted. I thought we would always be together, bickering and laughing. I wanted to tell her so much more. Death stole away my words, and her.

Death truly is inevitable. I just didn't foresee it until it cast a shadow over my sister.

And then, it was too late.