Chapter 1: Friendship

July 18th, 2016: Omnia Ratio

Eto Yoshimura <3

Omnia ratio, all things have reason. So I had to assume there was a reason that the three of us met. Haise, Columba, and I. Or, I guess that's not their names, is it? Neither was the name I gave them. Takatsuki Sen. The name of my alter ego. But no, my name is Eto Yoshimura, SSS rate ghoul known as the Owl. The two of them were equally rushed to my book signing, and ran into each other in line. The front of the line, a very coveted position if I may. They both held a copy of every book I ever wrote, which was honestly impressive compared to most fans. But more than that, there was something else aside from their collection or fan status that intrigued me. Something...off. But I just couldn't place what it could be. So, I asked the two out to lunch. To...discuss books. We talked for a while, but then I got to my point. And when I did, I found more than I expected to be buried behind the masks of 'Haise Sasaki' and 'Columba Itto'. Of course, I knew that Columba meant dove in Latin. Of course I KNEW that, but I didn't think much of it. I guess I forgot about the ideals of omnia ratio. I forgot that it wasn't a coincidence, no, there a was a reason. A reason I wasn't prepared for. Columba, was in fact, Kishou Arima, reaper for the CCG. When I heard that, I choked up the water I was barely managing to drink, hacking up the sandy tasting sandwich. This wasn't good. I knew that, of course. And then, another, even more shocking piece of information was given to me, in the form of Haise Sasaki. He, yes the book loving nerdy college student, was the SS rate kakuja ghoul centipede. If I wasn't already choking enough, I was then. For a moment, the room was silent, excluding of course, my mix of laughter and choking that made it sound like it was dying. And to my surprise, despite the rage in their eyes towards each other, they helped me. Because, I really did look half dead. And at that time, I chose that since this was just some damn identity reveal party, who the hell was I to miss out? And that's how I revealed myself, to my enemies who were, also, believe it or not, each other's enemies, that I was indeed Eto Yoshimura, SSS rate ghoul. The Owl. And don't ask me how or why, but somehow, we just clicked, you know? The three of us. We had a lot more in common than you would've thought. I don't know how exactly it happened, but we didn't fight, we all just left with small little smiles on our faces. But as I like to say, omnia ratio- all things have reason.

•••••

+1 589 276 (4398): Hello! This is Kaneki!

317 958 (1796): Ah, greetings Kaneki. It's only 5 am, I don't suppose you could explain why you're up so early?

+1 884 672 (2305): Jeez, ur up so earlyyyy... I didn't even get to eat my morning human arm >:(

+1 884 672 (2305): *insert Venti eheh here 😋

317 958 (1796): Eto. Eto no.

+1 589 276 (4398): No rlly why. I think being a cannibal like me is better.

317 958 (1796): Kaneki I need an explanation?

+1 884 672 (2305): I was joking :/

317 958 (1796): Were you...?

+1 884 672 (2305): That's for me to know and u to find out 😒 Also I'm getting bored of having a gc where people actually just keep their phone numbers T-T Lemme just...

+1 884 672 (2305) has renamed themselves Hoot

+1 884 672 (2305) has renamed +1 589 276 (4398) LikesARabbit

+1 884 672 (2305) has renamed 317 958 (1796) KingEye

KingEye: HOW???

Hoot: 🖕🏻

LikesARabbit: HOW???

Hoot: I have my ways

KingEye: Eto, I'm serious. I can come bring my suitcase over to your damn apartment you know