"The last three months have been nice with him, actually. But I feel his niceness is about to end soon."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because the man can't help himself," I groaned. "That's why. He's an asshole that chose to be nice—temporarily. I've gotten to know him well enough to know that these last three months of him playing nice are just to throw me off. He's planning something. And he's planning something good that'll piss me off so much I'll lose it, giving him all the evidence he needs to fire me. Even though the emails I sent telling him to fuck off would have been enough to fire me. But then again, it was insensitive of him to make me work while I attended my grandmother's funeral. So, if he did fire me, I'd win if I went after him for unemployment."

"Callum isn't that bad once you get to know him. He just likes running a tight ship," Isabelle said, trying to make him look like he was a good guy when he clearly wasn't.

"How do you know him, anyway? You've never said."

She lifted her head from my shoulder, twisting her lips. "Rory used to be the co-owner of Wish Upon A Star. He sold Callum his share of the company a couple of years ago to start his own company."

I don't blame him for going off on his own. I would, too, if I were partners with Callum.

"What's his deal, anyway? Why is he such a fucking ass? Does he hate women or something? Because of how he is with me and others, it makes me feel he despises women."

Isabelle and her friends all laughed.

"Callum? He doesn't hate women. In fact, he loves women," Amanda revealed. "I know it doesn't show at the office because he likes showing who's in charge. But the man loves pussy so much he has difficulty staying away from women. His problem is that he refuses to get involved in any commitment to them. So it's a one-and-done situation with him."

"Why? I mean, I know I refuse to get involved in another relationship after my ex and I broke things off a couple of years ago, but I have my reasons why that is. So what's Callum's reasoning? Does he just enjoy womanizing women? Isn't he afraid of catching anything?"

Isabelle looked at her other friends, and then she looked at me. "We don't know the whole story about what occurred. But he hasn't been the same since he lost his girlfriend in high school."

"Lost?"

"All we know is that he "lost" his girlfriend. We don't know if she died, broke up with him, or cheated; we don't know anything because our other halves refuse to tell us. All we know is that she was the love of his life, that they had been dating since middle school, and that something happened at the beginning of their senior year. Since then, he wines and dines them, gets them in bed, and then finds another woman to satisfy. But he's careful. He studies the woman; his eyes catch long and hard before he makes his move. He has a knack for figuring out if they're looking for a relationship or only looking for one night of passion."

Interesting...

He's a one-night-stand type of guy. So I'll bet that my email telling him I was on my way to get fucked by a hot CEO I had just met probably made his night—and why he didn't fire me thinking I was just like him. And he was probably happily chanting that night. Atta girl!

We hit three nightclubs in downtown Chicago to get all our drinking in before making our final stop of the night at The Night Lovers Club. Since the club has a three-drink limit and makes you blow into an intoxilyzer to make sure you're of sound mind before entering a room—if you're having sex, of course, which we're obviously not. But I wanted to make sure before we made asses of ourselves on the stripper pole, we had enough drinks in our bodies to be braver. Who knows? The alcohol may have helped us relax where; we'll be even sexier on the pole.