“And she finally appears.” Kevin, one of the detectives assigned for Monroe’s murder, said folding his well build arms across normal sized chest, his eyes and expression had one of amusement, which made me want to hit him so bad.

 Kevin was well known for having a sharp and fast mind, and a keen eye for finding just about anything and any one. However, he took his job to seriously, which I don’t blame him, there was a lot of violence out there and innocent people die everyday because of other people’s stupidity. Kevin and I had only one thing in common, we never played or joked around, on the job, it was a rule that all great investigators and detectives adopt. Even though I despise Kevin with passion, I must admit he was a looker, tall with bored shoulders, masculine square shaped jaw, military cropped jet-black hair, and dark brown eyes. You’d always see him in nothing but a black khaki pants, a black shirt and of course black blazer, which hinted that he had a little muscle under all that clothing. Over all he was handsome, however, he was an asshole!

I ignored him completely and made my way closer to the body. I stood next to Cary, who specializes in fingerprint analyses and forensic photography, and not so human but half witch.

She glanced my way, greeting me with a half smile; I nodded slowly and exhaled the breath I was holding. Jeez it stinks!, thought to myself while taking in a deep breath.

I looked up at Grace, who was well known for being one of the best pathologists. Her African dark skin glowing slightly from the light above us, her long hair pulled back into a bun and turquoise colored scrubs, covering her petite clothed body, stained with a little blood here and there.

“What’s the problem?” I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows, looking at the body. Monroe was quite a heavy man with a medium round belly, a rose tattooed on his left breast near his heart, hairy chest and legs; half of his body was covered. He was in his forties; however, he looked older with a thick beard growing around his jaw and lips, jet-black hair turning grey, thick eyebrows and a long nose. He was well known for having a great tan for the man his age, but now he was ghostly pale, making him look older than he did.

Besides the Y cute he had on his body from the autopsy, he had wounds, scares and scratches all over his belly and a blue and black mark around his neck.  

I glanced up and noticed, all three people glancing at each other, as if asking each other for permission to tell. I arch an eyebrow at them.

“Well? You guys going to tell me or to I have to do the autopsy again, myself?” I rhetorically asked, glancing between the three.

Cary sighed, looking at the body, “Well we think that there might be a huge mystery to Mr. Monroe’s death…”

I gave her a questionable look while glancing at the body. I noticed that there was a faint wound around his neck that a human with a naked eye could never detect; there were blue and black marks around his lips and neck showing signs of bruising. I looked down his body and noticed that most of the wounds on his abdomen were sharp wounds, which could be done with a very sharp weapon, they also looked clean; no signs of the weapon being twisted while causing the wound. However, a triangle the size of my small toe was carved into his skin near his belly button. 

I scanned over the body again and saw nothing different from what I saw. I glanced up between Grace and Cary.

“Explain.” I prompt, still staring at the body, trying to find anything that could give me a clue as to what happened to this man.

“Okay, cause of death, suffocation and lose of blood.” Grace said, “The victim suffered multiple punchers on the abdomen area, as well as big punched wounds on his left halve- the way the skin and muscle were torn show signs of a very sharp object, and when I say sharp I mean bone-sharp. No other sharp weapon or object could cause such perfect wounds.” she pointed towards the wounds on his belly and left calve. I nodded and blinked, watching carefully.