Chapter 13: Explanations

Start from the beginning

~

"Here, I can take the things." Jayden and Sabrina were in the condo carpark. 

"I think our company is gone." Sabrina commented. 

"Thank goodness the security in this condo is strict." Jayden sighed. Going undercover as a couple was way more difficult than doing it alone.

"Oh, isn't that Atty Leni?" Sabrina spotted the respectable figure at the lift. 

"I think so..." Jayden got nervous. Atty Leni wasn't just the ex-VP, she was Tricia's Mama...

"Let's go say hi!" Sabrina was excited to finally meet their neighbour and the ex-VP. 

"Hello po, ako po si Sabrina! We're the new neighbours that just moved into 805. I'm so glad we finally get to greet you!" Sabrina bowed slightly to the older lady. 

"Hello! I've heard from Patty that you've been wanting to drop by but I wasn't home everytime. So glad to finally put faces to our neighbours!" Atty Leni was equally excited to see her new neighbours. 

"Good after Ma'am. Ako po si Jayden. It's an honour to meet you." Jayden respectfully bowed. 

"Do you want to come over for some tea and snacks? Patty and Aiks are at home now. I'm sure they'll be glad to get to know you two better!" Atty Leni invited Jayden and Sabrina upstairs. 

"We have time, don't we dear?" Sabrina turned to Jayden, wondering if it would threaten their cover in any way. 

"It would be our pleasure, Ma'am..." Jayden nodded. Since they weren't being watched anymore, Jayden was more worried about coming face to face with Tricia. 

"Come on then!" Atty Leni grinned as she opened the door to their apartment. 

"Mama?" Aika called out when she heard the door open. 

"Patty, Aiks! I brought Sabrina and Jayden home with me!" Atty Leni called out to her daughters. Jayden made a silent prayer. 

"Hi! So nice to meet you! You must be Sabrina!" Aika appeared first from upstairs and introduced herself to Sabrina. 

"Hello, Ms Aika..." Sabrina shook Aika's hand. 

"Patty!" Aika called for Tricia, who was right behind. 

"Coming..." Tricia had just gotten out of the shower and didn't hear what Atty Leni had said earlier. 

"Where's Mama?" Aika looked around the living room but didn't see Atty Leni or Jayden. 

"I'm here! Jayden was being such a sweet guy and helping me carry the groceries into the kitchen..." Atty Leni appeared from the kitchen with Jayden trailing behind. Tricia and Aika both froze when they recognised Jayden. 

"Girls, say hi to Jayden as well. I met the couple downstairs and invited them up for tea." Atty Leni looked at her daughters. 

"Patty..." Aika looked at her younger sister, wondering why the Jayden she thought was interested in her sister, was now married to someone else. 

"Explain ko sa iyo mamaya...Just play along for now." Tricia whispered to Aika.

"We've met Jayden before, Mama...In the lift." Aika smiled awkwardly at Atty Leni. 

"Really? How come you never told me before, dear?" Sabrina looked at Jayden, the nickname now a second nature. 

"Uh...I..." Jayden hesitated, not knowing what to say. 

"The lift was pretty crowded so we didn't manage to talk or anything..." Tricia helped eased the tension. Jayden looked at Tricia but she avoided his eye.