Biscuit

Okay I know I'm spoiling you all with the updates but I've written some JUICY bits and I just can't wait for you all to read them

kthanksbi

-------------------------------------------

Over the next week, Nat let you invade her apartment completely. Moving the stuff out of her second bedroom so that you could move the pullout couch in there to sleep on, emptying one of her dressers so that you had somewhere to put your clothes. She screened everyone that knocked on the door, although it was only ever Pietro and the takeout drivers.

She had once tried to urge you back to The Red Room, even if it was only to monitor cameras in the office. You refused, and spent the night alone in her apartment instead, reliving every moment you had had with Barnes in there.

Your finger hovered over his name in your phone countless times, but you never pressed to dial. Time, Clint said. He needed time. The question was how much time did he need, and what would you do once he'd had enough time? You had lashed out when you told Clint you could hardly go back to playing happy families, the tight feeling in your chest controlling your words, but it was still true. After all this, all you had put him through, Bucky might listen but things were hardly going to go back to the way they were.

There was a lot that you were thinking about. But there was one thing that kept popping up in your mind.

Whether or not Bucky agreed to your dad's deal.

You really hoped he hadn't. You knew your father. Whatever he said wasn't part of the deal, it soon would become part of the deal.

On day eight, you nodded to Nat as she left for work, waited for the front door to close and then headed to the kitchen to look out the window, watching her cross the street, get in her car and drive off.

Then you got dressed.

The plan you had was simple - find your Dad, tell him to stop hassling Bucky. Simple. Easy. Not a lot of steps. But first you had to find your dad. Or find one of his outposts to talk to someone who knew where your dad was.

That was proving a bit trickier.

You went to the usual places that Adrian liked to use as a 'Main Office' - abandoned warehouses, seedy hotels, strip clubs. Trying to find a hint of anyone who looked like your father's minions. It wasn't until you went back to the DeVue, actually sitting at the bar for a drink before starting your investigation. This was your last concrete idea, considering this is where they were last setting up to take down Bucky at the charity ball. It was now 4am, and you were downing the last few drops of your whiskey when the guy next to you closed the magazine he was reading and left his chair.

On the front of the magazine was a man that you knew very well. And you were pissed as hell that it had taken you this long to realise that he still lived in the city and would know exactly where your father was. Because if your father was ever in the city, this is where he'd operate out of.

20 minutes later, you were at the front gate and ringing the buzzer repeatedly.

"What?!" Came an angry voice from the speaker. "It's four in the morning so unless you're an incredibly hot-"

"Let me in, Uncle Tony." You replied. After a moment of silence, the gate buzzed and started sliding open.

Stomping towards the front door, you heard numerous security cameras whir as they tracked you along the path. It took a few minutes to get closer to the fanciful, sleek, almost futuristic looking home. Your eyes focused on the front door that was now opening, with Tony Stark stepping out in a fluffy blue robe.