𓂀 𝔸𝕌𝔽 𝕎𝕀𝔻𝔼ℝ𝕊𝔼ℍ𝔼ℕ 𓂀

"ℑ'𝔳𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔬 𝔶𝔬𝔲, 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 ℑ 𝔞𝔩𝔴𝔞𝔶𝔰 𝔡𝔬."

ℑ𝔫 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔜/𝔑 𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔶, 𝔟𝔲𝔱 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔱 𝔨𝔫𝔬𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔫𝔦𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔰𝔢, 𝔦𝔫 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔱, 𝔦𝔰 𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔦𝔫𝔤.

☬ 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔶 𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 ☬

TODAY

As an immortal being, you'd be right to assume that the storm has not yet passed. And even so, there is still so much to look forward to. So much to feel anxious about. But even the most challenging events to come will only make you stronger...

So mothers say.

Y/N was just enjoying a nice cup of sweet tea with her companion in front of her. Sitting on the windowsill, on the forest green cushions, looking up at Ishmael a few times, just to see if he was looking back. But of course, with him, it was always 'know and not see'.

"I can feel your eyes on my forehead." Ishmael grinned as he continued reading his book. He was fascinated by poetry. In my own opinion, Billy Collins is my personal favorite. If anyone cares to disagree, I will personally attack you with verbal daggers, because I cannot teleport through technology.

"I'm only observing." Y/N said, shaking her head with a small smile.

"Observing and admiring are two very different things, Y/N."

Y/N sighed, putting her magazine down. Leaning forward, she gave him a sly smirk, to which he reciprocated. "You never know when to quit, do you?"

"Not until the day I die, honey." He raised an eyebrow.

Y/N rolled her eyes. "Ha, ha, you're so very funny, good sir." She spoke sarcastically, leaning back against the wall to take a sip of her tea, knowing that he would live forever. Though, he had told her he regretted making the decision to become what he was now, yet, he seemed so happy about it. She would ask, but she didn't want to strike a nerve.

Ishmael sighed. "I'm tired, now. All this reading is making me drowsy." He put his book aside, and walked towards the coffee table to grab the controller and turn on the TV. He flipped over to the news.

"We're just now receiving devastating news, that several people across Brooklyn, Forest Hills, and Oceanside have been struck down. Witnesses claim that they heard a loud screeching, but saw nothing but a body fall to the ground."

Y/N's attention went to the TV. She put her tea down, standing up to stand next to Ishmael. The TV showed a witness talking live with the reporter.

"I didn't know the guy. And all the other people who were killed, I didn't know either, but it just feels really unsettling to see someone drop dead on the sidewalk. And now, I just feel very unsafe in my neighborhood, because if this is ongoing, then who's next?"