Chapter 2

Ryder had never seen that girl. He figured she must be a freshman with how small she was, barely 5' 2". She had the darkest black hair he had ever seen, it almost looked blue, with the palest skin and eyes the color of the sky before a storm. It was love at first sight for him! He had never felt this way before.

When their eyes locked he figured she'd smile like all other girls did, or look away blushing, but instead she had a blank look on her face and stared him down.

When the bell rang he watched as she gathered her books and walked out of the library. He got up and followed her through the hallway, people clearing a path as they saw him.

She walked into the AP Environmental Science class that he's supposed to have next, but usually skips.

"Guess the teacher gets to see me today, surprise!" he thought

When he walked in he saw her sitting in the third row right by the windows, she was leaning on her hand and staring out towards the forest. Everyone quieted down when they saw him walk in, he was not surprised, he always has that effect on people.

He noticed the seat behind her is empty so he goes ahead and settles himself in. She didn't even notice him as he sat down, but the girl sitting on the other side of him quickly undid her top buttons and pulled her shirt down. As if that's going to pull his attention, the girls at this school should know that he's never paid attention to any of them.

The teacher walks in to start class.

"Good Morning Class. We'll be working on a project this quarter. It's a team project so you'll be paired up with the student either sitting in front of you or behind you."