ten

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

-Scott Adams, Dilbert

"So how do you think you did?" James asked bumping Ellie as he came up behind her with Maggie and Jane in tow. They were leaving their last OWLs exam room.

"I don't know," she said and you could almost see the panic in her eyes as she tried to remain calm. "I think I messed up the ways to identify a werewolf and the ways to identify a vampire."

"There were no questions about Vampires," Jane said.

"Wait what?" Ellie said with a groan. "Oh no, I blew it. I blew it big time didn't I?"

"Calm down."

"I can't calm down! I've failed my OWLs!"

"You didn't fail your OWLs," Charlie said coming up behind her and wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Come on; let's celebrate the end of our OWLs!"

"And my failure," Ellie muttered and Charlie squeezed her shoulder.

"You guys almost packed?" Devon said throwing an arm around her other side. "I can't find my blue dress and was curious if any of have it?"

"I don't think I have it, but I'll keep an eye out for it," Ellie said shrugging and agreements were echoed around.

"Oh, speaking of missing things," Jane said squeezing between Ellie and Devon. "I'm missing a notebook, my potions textbook, and my Beatles shirt. The one I really love, so if any of you see it can you please tell me because I'd like it back."

"Your Beatles shirt is in that pile under your bed. I think you textbook might be there too," Devon said ticking her fingers as she listed each thing.

"As for your notebook, thank you," Maggie said pulling a notebook out from her bag and handing it over with a flourish. "It was a great pleasure toting it around after you forgot in the dining hall yesterday. I must thank you again for the honor."

Ellie rolled her eyes at Maggie's blatant sarcasm. Jane snatched it up and muttered a quick, "thank you."

"So, when are you coming over this summer?" Charlie asked and Ellie could have sworn she heard a small gasp. Sooo, she might have kinda, sorta forgotten to tell her friends that Charlie had invited her over during the summer. And she might have kinda, sorta forgotten to tell them that she had accepted his invitation.

"Not till July. And unfortunately, I cannot stay long."

"Don't forget your coming to my house in August," Jane whispered bumping her Ellie.

"And please don't get knocked up," Devon added as she passed her and Ellie jabbed in the side with her elbow.

Ellie glared at their giggling backs as they walked away.

"I should go start packing," Charlie said tugging at her arm to make her stop and turn to look at him.

"Yeah, me too."

"You haven't started packing?" he said sounding a little too giddy. Ellie smacked him on the shoulder.

"Don't sound too happy! My stuff's probably much more organized than your," she said sticking her tongue out.

He grinned. "Yes, but who will pack their stuff up faster is the real question."

"I'm gonna go with Devon. And since we're placing bets, I'm gonna totally assume Jane will be the slowest to pack her stuff. And not just cause last year she was still packing five minutes before we were due to leave. And she left some of her stuff under her bed."

"How 'bout I take your word for it and not lose any money," Charlie said kissing her.

"Hm," she said. Slightly disappointed when he pulled away and smiled down at her.

"See you tonight? The Gryffindor's are throwing an end of the year party."

"I'll be there, just not until later," Ellie said. Her arms were still wrapped around his neck and his were around her waist. "The Hufflepuff's are also having their party tonight and I promised the team I'd stay for a short bit. They're trying to convince me to give a speech on our win this year to all of the Hufflepuff's. Not gonna happen though."

She let out a laugh.

"Well, I'll be waiting for you," he said before they pulled away and went their separate ways.

She finished packing, which mostly consisted of throwing her books in with her already folded clothes. Then she sprinted down to dinner and ate with Jane and Maggie.

"Where's Devon?" Ellie asked as she stabbed another carrot. They always ate together at the second to last feast as the last feast they were required to eat with their respective houses. Maggie pointed behind her and Ellie turned to see Devon sitting at the Ravenclaw table and looking gloomily down at her own plate.

Letting out a sigh, Ellie got up and took her plate to sit down next to Devon. Her friends followed and they all sat around her, but Devon barely looked up.

"So tell me, my dearest friend," Jane said around a mouthful of potatoes. "Tell me, what has got you down in the dumps?"

She looked up, considering whether to tell them. Then she looked left and right and goes to open her mouth, ready to tell them something. They all lean forward, but then the spell is broken and Devon is back to looking down at her food as someone squeezes their body in between Ellie and Devon.

"What's up guys?" James asked and Jane glared at him, clearly overly frustrated.

"Your arse that's what's up," Jane snapped and James looked slightly taken aback, like this was not an everyday occurrence for the two of them (which it was).

"Merlin, I'm already under attack. And for what?" he said, running a hand through his hair. "Being nice and asking what was up with you girls. Maybe I should just leave now."

"Maybe you should," Jane shot back, but James just grinned back and began piling food onto his plate.

"I'm starved," he said as he continued to pile food onto his plate. He nudged Devon. "What about you Dev? Want anymore carrots?"

She shook her head and did not look up, just moved her remaining food around on her plate. He shrugged.

"Alright, more for me then. Hey Jane, can you pass me a roll?"

She chucked the roll from her spot, but it did not faze him as he caught it with ease.

"Thanks sis."

She muttered something incoherent to Ellie, but apparently loud enough for Devon to hear because she let out a laugh. Jane looked pleased with herself only to be hit on the side of the head with a roll. She scowled as Devon continued to laugh. It was a weak laugh, but it was a laugh.

05.24.2015 Ugh, so I can't decide which story to write for July Camp NaNoWriMo. Originally I was gonna have this finished by then (still hoping to have this finished by then) and then write the sequel to this story (which would revolve around one of my favorite very very very very very very (not even introduced yet) minor character), but now I have three brilliant story ideas that I want to write. Ugh. If you look on my instagram (50shadesofweasley), you'll see said three story idea thingies. Also, I want to write a short story about Devon/James, Maggie, and Jane. And I need to type up the latest chapter of The Girl Who Survived (I have it all written out). And I need to finish this. And I work 5-6 days a week. And I still haven't seen my friend who I was supposed to see a week ago, but we're both too busy to be able to see each other.

Okay, but please help my decide which story to write for July Camp NaNoWriMo? Just comment on the photo on my instagram?

Also, I went to a grad party yesterday and I drove separately from my parents because I only planned to stay for a couple of hours. I wound up not getting home till almost midnight...